Who in our club, or area, has a very big tank?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over 200g? Just wondering, would like to see the biggest tanks around. I know at least one guy in the club has a 400g going...

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 300g system... does that count? DT is only 75g :p

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Looking for just the display size. For some reason I don't think we have many with very large tanks.

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to go with an 8 foot 300g but wifey says NO!

Masedaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ca1ore has a 265 gallon DT with probably another 200 gallons in his whole system. He lives in Stamford.

treemanone2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does my 265 qualify if it's in the garage and won't fit the stairwell to the 3rd floor apartment ? And I don't believe the floors or landlord would support it.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the question was who has a large tank not who has one set up so I think you qualify.

treemanone2003

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanna sell it?

Sorry but no. DarkTang beat you by a good 10 minutes in his request , lol. Little history behind it goes like this. I stopped my entire workday and the other 5 people I was working with to get it. The previous owner sent a text to 3 people (me included) that it was FREE !!!! First come, first dibs. It was around 10 am and still full of water. I knew from seeing it setup in his place that when his daughter was still young enough to fit in it, they siliconed a bazillion pebbles to the back glass. Talk about heavy !!!! 6 of us managed to get it out of the house and relocated to my old residence where it took me about close to 3 months and a box of 200 razor blades to scrape it clean. It was a FW setup with UGF's, is drilled and he did wind up keeping the filters ( some German name I will have to ask him about) so that will be my only cost. Now I need to decide if I make it a DT for my Discus or turn into SW. Tough decisions ahead.

geomarq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
220DT, but with electricity prices continuing to increase, not sure I want to sustain the system I have going. Electric bill is already $300/month.

Munchie1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris and I have a 210 but, after the sump, frag tank and in wall tank in our daughter's bedroom, we have about 400 gallons running through the house.

We bought the tank from Kynan a few years back who has a gorgeous huge tank as well...

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So no one has gone over the 300 mark in the club? Is that a challenge I hear? Luckily she likes expensive round shaped things too. When I do get on that knee and throw in the towel on my college youth and transition to an "adult" (hah I'll never be one of them!) I will only be handing over said ring if she agrees which she already has, that the house will have a MASSSIVE tank that the house will be designed around. I'm talking minimum 2000 gallons. This is of course a year to three out. And then by the time the cost of the wedding and the honeymoon and the ring and the house get to my wallet, I will be left with a gold fish in a bowl and dreams that never came to fruition. It's nice to dream about when we buy a house. I just want a tank that people see and their jaws drop. I can't wait :)

Back