Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone. I,ll keep my eye out for a PM1 aquabus cable and eb8/4
so the next question is tho running the heater off the eb8 will someday sooner than later ruin the outlet on the eb8 correct?

SOOO is this really any better that nothing at all? other that seeing the temp in fusion

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above. All you would need is a EB4 or EB8 and a PM1 module with a pH and temp probe per system. Label each system in Fusion and you are good to go.

I also use these to run long runs between Modules.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with above. All you would need is a EB4 or EB8 and a PM1 module with a pH and temp probe per system. Label each system in Fusion and you are good to go.

I also use these to run long runs between Modules.

can you tell us more about those please? what are they for? to make a male to male aquabus?

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you tell us more about those please? what are they for? to make a male to male aquabus?

Yes. I use a minimum of 18 Guage wiring between Modules. I have run up to 60' without an issue.

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering this to eliminate my junior.. just need to figure out how to get a USB from second tank to first tank. It would have to be 50 feet

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering this to eliminate my junior.. just need to figure out how to get a USB from second tank to first tank. It would have to be 50 feet

i think those race wire hider things would work. if you can go above or basement that would be nice too!
i cant have a mess of wires running across the house..

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think those race wire hider things would work. if you can go above or basement that would be nice too!
i cant have a mess of wires running across the house..
Exactly - I'll have to figure a way out but once you have one cable ran.. you can just Daisy chain them to all required equipment

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's correct. Order a 100' 18G 6 conductor from Amazon or Lowe's and run a cable from the nearest Aquabus to your new system. Use the USB connectors and you are good to go.

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO only one wire to run? then you can get a USB hub or what not to link other modules up??

Yes. One wire. Then each module has outputs to go to other modules and you can use the regular aquabus cables there if yuu want or make your own with wire and connectors.

scottedontknow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont care about the control and dont want to spend the extra money you can always just get a inkbird and plug your heater into that. (again youll have no control over anything, but will only cost you $40ish)

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you dont care about the control and dont want to spend the extra money you can always just get a inkbird and plug your heater into that. (again youll have no control over anything, but will only cost you $40ish)

I thought about that and the new BRS one but the reviews dont seem all that good and for 40-60 bucks might as well apex it.

I have an opportunity to get a Apex jr with display. ( dont really care or need it) and a eb4 for a pretty good deal.

OR just run it off my wifi apex like we are talking about in this thread.
not sure what is better?

anyone have any thoughts?

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. One wire. Then each module has outputs to go to other modules and you can use the regular aquabus cables there if yuu want or make your own with wire and connectors.

that is doable I was starting to think there would be tons of wires running all over the house. but one is totally doable could even get a race track going along the wall to hide it.

maybe add a AWC from the basement in there too!?

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"trying to under stand this better. if the tank as its would eb8 + PM1 then the only cord would be the apex brain aqua bus cable? or am I totallt missing it here..haha "

The cord is running from the "brain" to the EB832 through a hole in the floor. There is also the cord running from the router to the brain. I know the second part can be done wirelessly but I prefer the reliability of a hard wire.

OP
OP
Devaji

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
next question guys:

PM1 or PM2?
I know pM1 does PH with a probe and Pm2 SG with probe but both have extra temp port.
SG would be better for me but from what i read it not that good any way

I guess if I am mainly using it for the temp then I can buy what ever i find cheap correct?
is there any other pros and cons to PM1 vs Pm2?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back