Who is using Ecotech G5 lights only and how are your colors?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m considering switching to Ecotech G5 blues for the added par. I’m presently running 3 XR30 pro G4s and am considering 4 XR30 G5 Blues.

Originally my goal was always to run 4 XR30 Pros but Ecotech changed the lights before I bought my 4th light. My Par on my SPS is around 330 at the rock where I mount them. This is running AB+.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already have a PAR of 330 and you want more?
Or are you looking to reduce some of the white and add blue to replace it and keep the PAR around the same level?

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of weeks ago I switched from Gen3 XR30 Pros (which I had been running on the AB+ spectrum) to Gen5 XR30 Blues. I used a par meter when I made the switch and what amazed me most was how much more even the light spread was with the Gen5 lights and how it penetrated the water better. Additionally, even though I got the Gen5 blue lights the overall spectrum looks a bit whiter to me than my Gen3 lights running AB+. I don’t really notice a significant color difference in my corals, but interestingly, I do notice a difference in my fish. I’m not sure if that’s just because the light is more evenly spread or maybe the slight color spectrum change or what, but after switching to the Gen5 lights I noticed patterns and colors in my fish that I had never seen before.

Overall I am very happy with the upgrade from Gen3. I think your Gen4 lights do have a better spread than my Gen3 lights, so I’m not sure if you’ll see as much of a difference though.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One G5Pro only. Reefer 170 tank, AB+ Setting modified with less red/green/whites. Colors are really nice on corals and fish.

Tmtdvm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run 3 G5 XR30 blues on my 120g tank with the AB+. I have them set at 35%. My par is around 350 for Acros down to 120 for chalice/LPS corals near the bottom. I absolutely love them. Colors are amazing on Acros, Chalice, Euphillia and Goni’s. No need for T5 hybrid in my opinion.

Back