Who lights their tanks with these Best of 2019 Reef Tank Lighting winners?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, this one was a tough one because there are always SO many options out there to choose from, but... we picked our top choices for reef tank lighting for 2019 for the following categories!

Best of 2019:
*Most Popular
-50W
-90W
-130W+
*Most Economical (4ft Tank)
-Top choice
-LED only
*Best Color & Shimmer
*Easiest to use that Grows Corals
*Best in Show

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed pretty much everything said in the what we want to see is embodied in the orphek lighting. And they have decent bang for buck with the area they cover.

mrjoev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy

What light that BRS sells do you think could penetrated down 46” with enough par to grow softies and maybe some LPS?
the Orphek V4 gen 2 , stock 120' lens are able to hit 36" deep, you can change the lens to go all the way to 10'+ ft. Order it with the lens you want so you don't pay extra.

I'm also disappointed they didn't cover the Orphek V4 Gen 2 or the OR2 bars.

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
on my 60x18x28tall tank.. im using 3 xr15g4 pros with 2 2bulb 60" retrofit canopy. with the tank and stand being very tall, sitting on the couch gave a direct look into the lights so had to use the canopy thus couldnt use the aquatic life hybrid.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 XR15 Gen 4 with Diffusers. Guess where I bought them....

@randyBRS Did BRS do testing with the diffusers on the Radions? The diffusers have made a big positive difference in my corals since installing them.

Zohar78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
My primary light is DIY multi channels.

However, I do have a couple Kessil a360x over the tank and I have to say I'm impressed. Great light in a little form factor. Great spread even for a 30" tall tank. Need focus add their lens. What impresses me the most is the UHD effect. Yes, I made that up but if you ever watched UHD movie on a standard 4k TV then switch to one that supports both 4k and UHD you will know what I mean. The Kessil while getting a bad rap around shadows most people forget coral grow and all lights have a spread.

The Kessil spread can give some really good contrast to the tank and that is what I'm finding. I would say any light can do this though but I've noticed it more with the Kessils. My DIY have lens on them so it isn't as pronounced.

Edit: contrast, depth, etc.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back