Who makes your favorite acclimation boxes? Post a pic and give a shout out here!

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What @ca1ore says is true; I feel you can maximize your chances for success, but it’s not foolproof. (I also like to slowly move the acclimation box as near into no-go territory as possible... to strike at the heart of future danger!) Lol!

Kaiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish stay in the acclimation box for a minimum of two days, I got a Shu because moving the box up to the surface to drop fish food in was a nuisance when using the boxes that clamp to the sides (also those don't really work with net lids) and it was the only box I could find that had magnets strong enough for 3/4" glass. If anyone is having a lack of success with acclimation boxes, maybe re-evaluate how you're using them? @evolved wrote this article back in 2016 and I've used it on both client's and my own tanks without issues.

Here's some photos of my multibar angelfish in my shu, I genuinely believe it helped him acclimate faster and allowed him to avoid getting bullied by the Tangs in my tank.

PXL_20201006_052223551.PORTRAIT-01.COVER.jpg PXL_20201006_052122834.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Fish Think Pink says: “My fish KILL ‘mirror’ fish...”

Sad enough time be funny!!
if ever brave enough in future months/years to introduce another new fish, I'll get a video of my sailfin KILLING reflection fish... Unbelievable. Aggression 1,000%+ it took hours for him to shake off each of his mirror experiences, so I will not give mirror without good reason but it was a great distraction so he wasn't focused on killing new fish... the tangs and angel did that more slowly to new fish despite acclimation box meet & greet ... Death Dealers...

Back