Who makes your most favorite aquariums and why?

Do you have plans for a new tank sometime in the future?

• Yes but only as an upgrade/downgrade to what I have now.

Votes: 292 36.2%
  • Yes as an additional tank to what I have now. More tanks, YEA!

Votes: 221 27.4%
  • No but plans could change.

Votes: 122 15.1%
  • No, I'm content.

Votes: 153 19.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 2.4%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me preface this by saying that I would like to keep this topic today on the positive side! Remember this is about your most FAVORITE tanks! Thanks! :p

As hobbyists we love our aquariums. Of course we love our aquariums but I'm actually talking about the actual glass or acrylic box here! We also love to dream up new, better and bigger reef tanks along with smaller, specie specific nanos and everything in between. One thing that all of these have in common is that they all require an aquarium! When it's time to make a decision on a new tank though which one would you go with and why? There are so many great choices on the market today so let's talk about it!

1. For your next "aqua project" what aquarium will you go with and why?

2. Share a brief summary about what you're dreaming up for your next tank project?
Is it an upgrade, frag tank, an additional tank, a species type tank or what?

image via @cb684
IMG_0047.jpg

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted for 'No, I'm content.' but if I was to have a new aquarium:

1. Innovative Marine, going for the largest size they have without needing a sump. Because I am lazy and like the back chambers on a NuvoAquarium. My main concern is getting a different stand for it, because I don't like the Innovative Marine APS stands.
2. This would be an additional tank, as I am happy with keeping my current one as is and don't want to ruin the dynamic. The next one I'd add one individual of each clownfish species and let them duke it out. XD And by 'duke it out' I mean aggro on each other but hopefully settle on some sort of strange hierarchical order.

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked yes, as the fish barn will get an upstate once I get a bigger mini barn. Going to need a very large and shallow tank for what I have planned.

I am a fan of glass cages. In all the years, I have never had an issue with them. They have changed management and qc is a ton better overall (although, every single past tank they built for me was perfect)

Plus they are local to me, so when the time comes, I can go bug @Joe Glass Cages all I want. Well, he may throw me into the pond or sick the attack geese on me, but it’s all good.

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted "yes" - as I know what I would love to have eventually, but am still very happy with what I currently have

Wife wants a bigger house/land and the tank out of the family room. So I've already started the conversation that the "new" house will have a custom 8' tank, preferably at least 30" deep located in my office now I WFH. Admittedly, a reef in the family room is cool, but the blue light is really overbearing IMO. The other big thing, is now I have experienced a "kit" tank, current tank is a Red Sea Reefer, I'm all too familiar with the limitations and definitely want to go custom next time around.

Hopefully in the next few years my dream will be a reality... But I don't want to think about disassembling and or moving my current tank

Last edited:

icedearth15324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted yes, because I know my tangs will outgrow my current tank and I need a larger one for them in the future. Going to get a Waterbox, I have one right now and I love it.

Just going to be a large mixed reef. Will set up auto-water changes and other fun stuff.

Last edited:

ultraArcite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like Fluval and Waterbox aquariums, but I have only had those and standard Aqueon tanks.

1. For your next "aqua project" what aquarium will you go with and why?
I have two projects, I am combining my two freshwater tanks (a Fluval Spec 16 and an Aqueon 20-long) into an Aqueon 40-gallon breeder tank. I'll then convert the Spec 16 into a clownfish tank!

2. Share a brief summary about what you're dreaming up for your next tank project? Is it an upgrade, frag tank, an additional tank, a species type tank or what?
I plan to do a "tank of shame" with GSP and Pulsing Xenia with two clownfish and some sort of Goby.

BigBoi5680

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually in the market for two.....a Waterbox for the office, and a massive Glasscages build for the living room. The only tank I have currently (cycling now actually) is a 75 cube in the bedroom, and I am thinking WB130.4 in office (maybe one step smaller, just really want to run it as a harem) and a 475 GC tank in the living room. A man has got to have hobbies! Lol

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180 gallon (because if you go any bigger the price doubles!) bought brand new , set up for 4 years now. I have no idea who made it. Is that bad?

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back