Who makes your most favorite aquariums and why?

Do you have plans for a new tank sometime in the future?

• Yes but only as an upgrade/downgrade to what I have now.

Votes: 292 36.2%
  • Yes as an additional tank to what I have now. More tanks, YEA!

Votes: 221 27.4%
  • No but plans could change.

Votes: 122 15.1%
  • No, I'm content.

Votes: 153 19.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 2.4%

• Total voters

Globalbutterfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea Reefer 625XL. My first REAL reef tank. Thought it would be more than enough for anything I could ever want. Then I bought Freddy, my blonde Naso. He was just going to be the mellow peacekeeper for a few years, then he’d move on to a bigger tank . . . no big deal, the fish were just fish.
Now, three years on, I can’t imagine a tank without him. Trying to figure out if it’s an 8’ or 10’ tank that will fit and if it’s enough to keep him happy.

Atomicus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After 40 years of 30 plus Systems I have had 2 high end glass tanks over a 100 gallons completely shatter with reef and fish on the carpet. One in the middle of the night. My pregnant wife was nearly electrocuted in the first and the second resulted in a inwall fire from not drying out drywall correctly.
I will never touch glass again. it is just a matter of time if you have many glass systems that one shatters. I am a doctor and all I can tell you is this is hobby needs to be enjoyed safely and from my and countless others who have been around a long times experience - acrylic is safer. My friend is a marine biology PhD before going to medical school and a world expert on wrasses and he flat out stated institutions simply can’t afford to take that risk so acrylic is the only thing they buy.
As far as hobbyist level size tanks the best acrylic tanks I have found by far are from advanced acrylics. Highly recommend them.

veganreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first waterbox frag and will definitely be getting another in the near future! The quality is impeccable and nothing but good things to say about their customer service and just the whole package.

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I lived in the good old USA I would go with reef savvy I only dream of having one of there tanks but shipping would be killer for me in Canada

Wicksy24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently a Evo 13.5 owner, pressed buy on a Waterbox Marine X 90.3 a few weeks ago, patiently awaiting the shipping email :D

Kevin Finocchiaro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no plans at the moment to upgrade, only because i do not have a spot to install a 1000 gal tank, however, that is my next goal once figure it out.

iMi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted content since "in the future" can be defined differently by different people. Tomorrow and five years from now are both in the future. Besides, how often do we "plan" to get a new tank? You see something you like, one thing leads to another and you're draining things and filling other things up.

Ok, how do I change my vote? LOL

Reef of Fillory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife and I are currently renting our house, but plan to buy. When we buy we intend to do a pretty large [300+] in-wall with fish room. Whether that means remodeling an area of the house, or eventually doing new construction we're not sure.

In either case, I'd likely go with a standard tank size, not sure what maker though.
It would be a fish heavy SPS focused mixed reef. We just have a 25 gallon now, but one of our favorite things to do is "look for" the fish that hide or swim/hang out in the rocks.

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently, I have my 120 reef with a 55 gallon sump in the basement fishroom. I also have a 110 freshwater community tank on the main floor with the display reef tank. My plan is, when we remodel the main floor in a couple years, to get a 400 gallon, at least 8 foot tank and turn the 110 gallon community tank into a sump for the 400 gallon. I will have to break down both tanks anyway for the remodel and this gives me the perfect opportunity to get my dream tank going with all the bells and whistles. I might turn the 120 into a fresh water predator tank if there is room for it.

cheykaser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me preface this by saying that I would like to keep this topic today on the positive side! Remember this is about your most FAVORITE tanks! Thanks! :p

As hobbyists we love our aquariums. Of course we love our aquariums but I'm actually talking about the actual glass or acrylic box here! We also love to dream up new, better and bigger reef tanks along with smaller, specie specific nanos and everything in between. One thing that all of these have in common is that they all require an aquarium! When it's time to make a decision on a new tank though which one would you go with and why? There are so many great choices on the market today so let's talk about it!

1. For your next "aqua project" what aquarium will you go with and why?

2. Share a brief summary about what you're dreaming up for your next tank project?
Is it an upgrade, frag tank, an additional tank, a species type tank or what?

image via @cb684
IMG_0047.jpg
Waterbox all the way !

Sylvester

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had the Waterbox Pro Reef 180.5 arrive

Attachments

• 710C9211-C7CB-40CA-B07B-24A6D1E2FF22.jpeg
    710C9211-C7CB-40CA-B07B-24A6D1E2FF22.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 31

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only ever bought two tanks new. The first was my first tank, a 50 gal (48 x 12) back in 1992. I believe it was All-Glass. The only other new tank was a 150 gal (72 x 18) that I got in 2005... no idea on the MFG. Every other tank has been used. My current is a Marineland with starphire glass and I think it's fine... definitely has things I would change (install glass braces, ghost-style overflow). I would have ZERO idea what MFG to look at if I were to buy a new tank now. My plans are to make another plywood tank at some point if I upsize again.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back