Who makes your most favorite aquariums and why?

Do you have plans for a new tank sometime in the future?

• Yes but only as an upgrade/downgrade to what I have now.

Votes: 292 36.2%
  • Yes as an additional tank to what I have now. More tanks, YEA!

Votes: 221 27.4%
  • No but plans could change.

Votes: 122 15.1%
  • No, I'm content.

Votes: 153 19.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 2.4%

• Total voters

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked yes, as the fish barn will get an upstate once I get a bigger mini barn. Going to need a very large and shallow tank for what I have planned.

I am a fan of glass cages. In all the years, I have never had an issue with them. They have changed management and qc is a ton better overall (although, every single past tank they built for me was perfect)

Plus they are local to me, so when the time comes, I can go bug @Joe Glass Cages all I want. Well, he may throw me into the pond or sick the attack geese on me, but it’s all good.
Thanks so much for the mention @Eagle_Steve! You got it. We have all kinds of extras here!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im actually in the market for two.....a Waterbox for the office, and a massive Glasscages build for the living room. The only tank I have currently (cycling now actually) is a 75 cube in the bedroom, and I am thinking WB130.4 in office (maybe one step smaller, just really want to run it as a harem) and a 475 GC tank in the living room. A man has got to have hobbies! Lol
sounds Radical. thanks so much for the mention and support.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as of now I have an old oceanic tech 120g. If I had to buy a similar sized tank brand new I’d go with the mode infinity 135g.

however, in the future I want a tank that is at least 220g. Possibly more. And when that time comes I’ll be going with Glass cages. I think I’ll probably end up with a 7ftx30 or 36x 20
@BeltedCoyote we are here to support you when needed. Thanks so much for the mention!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered my dream tank from @Joe Glass Cages and I'm extremely happy with the process. Joe walked me through the build and probably took more time than he should have to make sure every T was crossed and I dotted. He made this purchase "happen" for me when I thought it wasn't going to.
Thanks for the support @Kpdiver. We love this! Here to serve. Thanks again. Can't wait for you to get your tank!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BeltedCoyote we are here to support you when needed. Thanks so much for the mention!

Of course, you guys freaking rock! I’m going to run with the 120g I have for a while. But when the time comes I’m giving you a call!

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just put in an order with Glasscages for my new tank. The communication and design process was quick and easy. Joe made sure he had every detail needed to build the tank I wanted. Can't wait to get it and then build thread to follow...
@DH78, thanks for the mention. We love what we do. Cant wait for you to get your tank. Thanks again.

Joe Glass Cages

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glasscages out of Tennessee is making some awesome tanks at a very good price. I have 2 of their tanks a 120 DT, a 95 gallon frag tank and currently designing a 300+ gallon dream tank.
Thanks so much @IamChrismWard! 300 gallon! Sounds like a ton of fun Chris. Thanks for the support.

kaylajoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dream is a custom ~530 gallon from glasscages... because it's the only place I've found that offers tanks that large for less than 10k.

I'm tempted to not buy another until then, with any luck my nano will be around for years and that's all I can handle for now.

melfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I voted no... because I’m currently setting up aforementioned upgrade
1) I went with a CADE. What sold me over competing all-in-one tanks was the side access for filter sock maintenance, the power/cord management system, the quality, dimensions and price.

2) It is the CADE PR1800, and is a (significant) upgrade from my AquaOne MiniReef 120, whose stand is ready to give out any day now. It’ll be a peaceful mixed reef, LPS/soft coral dominant. A permanent home for my small blue tang Percy. We have invested in quality support systems, after the minireef being an ultra low tech/entirely manually maintained tank. It wasn’t stable and the upkeep became unrealistic. Looking forward to a more stable and lower maintenance reef :)

bmeily

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last tank was 90 cube from glasscages and I liked the quality of that tank and didn't have any issues and would buy from them again. My next tank I'm getting in the fall will be from Planet Aquarium. I have heard good things about them and they will be within driving distance. I think I finally decided on a 150.

Duane Fagan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crystal Dynamics for me. I have two of their 150g tanks/stands

Crystal Dynamics for me. I have two of their 150g tanks/stands
Hello hello is there anything you wish was done better on your tanks? Basically could you give a product review and dealing with them? Any issues with leaks or seams issues?

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Concept aquariums.
I just received my upgrade!
60x26x22 19mm starphire glass
Metal powder coated stand with removable acrylic panels.

Attachments

• C06EBFD5-7D9C-4FFC-BCF6-029B1E41308C.jpeg
    C06EBFD5-7D9C-4FFC-BCF6-029B1E41308C.jpeg
    24 KB · Views: 26
  • 12B250B8-AFE1-4875-8189-DCEB1FCAF1C1.jpeg
    12B250B8-AFE1-4875-8189-DCEB1FCAF1C1.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 32

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cade
have a 180 and a new frag/lagoon
not a bad price and the stand and sump are peerless

vanw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cannot say I have had a favorite. My old tank was huge, old and used. My new 210g was custom built by a local guy. My 40g is a standard breeder and my 20g are just the cheap ones from petco.

However, the Fluval Edge 6g I use for traveling programs is great! I made modifications for lights and flow, but it is great for viewing top down and all sides. Kids love it and hands stay out of it. Perfect for the application in which I use it. I have the older models, so not sure how they newer edges are for corals.
I'm looking for a better filter option for my Fluval Edge 6g. Do you know of a protein skimmer that might work instead of the Power Lift that comes with it?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a better filter option for my Fluval Edge 6g. Do you know of a protein skimmer that might work instead of the Power Lift that comes with it?

I have been trying to find a better filter too. I have a new one, but not installed yet. I will let you know how it goes or how I adapt it.
I have tried other HOB along with little protein skimmers, but really difficult to get right. I cut one that seems to do okay until it broke.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back