Who of you are doing auto water change

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A simple idea. I never thought of that among all the work I do on my tank.
All i do is grab those fish bags from my lfs. Everytime i crack open a box of reefcrystals, ill just add 11 cups to a bag. Get about 9 filled fish bags worth (about 9 weeks for me).
Its just so easy to bag them up and im done for 2 months, store em zip tied in a sealed bucket. Instead of having to constantly putting scoops in everyweek, ontop of that have to check the sg because i usually forget how many scoops i toss in the mixing container. I have a set water level, add a bag and done.

emvanburen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loving my awc but haven't yet mixed salt enough to get the measurement locked down - and I'm definitely going to be adding to ro to whatever NSO is left and then mixing every time. The tank is marked in 5g increments - perhaps I need a 5g salt scoop (however much salt that works out to be).
My mix pump comes on periodically (APEX OSC command).

Any easy way to vacuum sump when not doing to-bucket water changes? I have a Baster but too slow. Maybe power head to filter sock?

Reefmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but it’s a new concept for me. I just purchased a liter meter to set an awc system. Do you guys still like it? Do you have pictures of your set up (storing containers)? Thanks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back