Who said you need a PC to setup the ProfiLux?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. Not here.

In a recent video release, we show you how to setup a ProfiLux 4 / 4e controller on a native Mac computer.
No emulator tool, no add-ons...just full-on Mac setup!

From start to finish, we take you through the process and show you how it can all be done using nothing more than a web browser. It doesn't matter if you're on a Mac, PC or mobile device, this video walks you through it all.

This is just one of several ways to get up and running with a ProfiLux controller. :)

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You’ve always had a capable product, but I think you’ve addressed all of the reasons I originally invested in an Apex system about 10 years ago. I don’t have a reason to jump ship, but I would have a very hard time choosing which one to start out with today.

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! You’ve always had a capable product, but I think you’ve addressed all of the reasons I originally invested in an Apex system about 10 years ago. I don’t have a reason to jump ship, but I would have a very hard time choosing which one to start out with today.
We're here when you're ready. :)

Mark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any limitations for Mac users(that don't want to run windows)? I had heard that firmware updates and probe calibration cannot be done, but this could be false or dated information. Thanks!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probe calibrations can be done from the front display panel on the unit.

You can do WiFi firmware and web interface updates from the web panel of the unit.

For. Firmware upgrade you will it will need a windows for that and the desktop software.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if you want to use GHL Control Center (GCC) via USB, you will either need a windows machine, or set up Parallels/Boot Camp or some other emulator on your Mac. I do this so I can do firmware updates or use Light Composer to adjust my GHL LX-7206 lights. I also prefer to do any programming using the GCC software.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back