Who uses Reefbrite Halide and LED combo 36 inch?

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use it and love it! Focuses light well in the tank and it’s easy to change the single ended bulbs when necessary. The XHOs really fluoresce the corals and it’s a fan less fixture that runs cooler that others I’ve tried that have fans. Silent which is nice and the support from ReefBrite has been really good when needed. I’ve been running it about 3 years now. I switched one set of the XHOs with a T5s and it’s really hybrid now. My only drawback is all the power cords.

E0B8EE97-5DA4-44E5-8F12-2A23576423D0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
gfox

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you noticed any extra heat coming from the fixture to heat you tank water?

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple little fans that blow across the top of the tank. I live in AZ and even in the summer they keep the tank water below 78 degrees. Unless you have a house that doesn't have AC, or keep it really warm, you'll be OK. Evaporation (via the fans) and a good top off system will take care of it.

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple little fans that blow across the top of the tank. I live in AZ and even in the summer they keep the tank water below 78 degrees. Unless you have a house that doesn't have AC, or keep it really warm, you'll be OK. Evaporation (via the fans) and a good top off system will take care of it.
Good evap means good kalk usage. Nice to hear that the heat isn't a big problem even in AZ.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back