Who wants a free TRITON test kit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Let me know when you do it! I want to be the first to purchase one!

The 2 new colors are here!

https://www.marinedepot.com/Cobalt_Aquatics-Accessories_for_Air_Pumps_Aeration-3C-FIARAA-ct.html

Here are the dosing tube holders that we've merchandised with tubing:

https://www.marinedepot.com/search?tag=dosing-tube-holders

We haven't made an actual kit/bundle yet—of the few options above, which do you think would be the best to bundle with tubing? Which 4 colors would you prefer?

Side note: this whole conversation has inspired us to create our own better dosing tube holder. We've already provided a mock up to a manufacturer to make a prototype for us. :)

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Last edited:

PaulPerger

View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.marinedepot.com/Cobalt_Aquatics-Accessories_for_Air_Pumps_Aeration-3C-FIARAA-ct.html

I would go with the most popular sump colors, Red, Black and White. As for a fourth color, I would go Green or Yellow.

Here are the dosing tube holders that we've merchandised with tubing:

https://www.marinedepot.com/search?tag=dosing-tube-holders

We haven't made an actual kit/bundle yet—of the few options above, which do you think would be the best to bundle with tubing? Which 4 colors would you prefer?

Side note: this whole conversation has inspired us to create our own better dosing tube holder. We've already provided a mock up to a manufacturer to make a prototype for us. :)

Jeff @ Marine Depot

I would go with a holder that doesn't require mounting holes. This would either limit users to those with holes already drilled or create the need to drill holes, therefor I wouldn't go with the Somatic. The Innovative Marine is very nice, and has a nice means of securing probes, but dosing lines are almost an afterthought in that design and dosing in the focus of this concept. Of those three, I would go with the bubble Magus as it would provide a means of securely positioning the dosing lines wherever in the sump the user wanted to place them. A magnetic mounting system would be an awesome modification to that design, but overall, I think that would provide selling points and decent margin.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I would go with the most popular sump colors, Red, Black and White. As for a fourth color, I would go Green or Yellow.

I would go with a holder that doesn't require mounting holes. This would either limit users to those with holes already drilled or create the need to drill holes, therefor I wouldn't go with the Somatic. The Innovative Marine is very nice, and has a nice means of securing probes, but dosing lines are almost an afterthought in that design and dosing in the focus of this concept. Of those three, I would go with the bubble Magus as it would provide a means of securely positioning the dosing lines wherever in the sump the user wanted to place them. A magnetic mounting system would be an awesome modification to that design, but overall, I think that would provide selling points and decent margin.

Thank you for the feedback! I've got a bundle queued up with our product support team.

The dosing tube holder we're having made will not require any mounting holes and, in my humble opinion, is superior to what we're currently stocking. I don't have any ETA for it but I would presume this year is realistic.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

Dosing-Tube-Holder-with-Colored-Tubing-Kit-99.jpg

We made a bundle!

https://www.marinedepot.com/Dosing_...ing_Pumps-Marine_Depot-MD91131-FIDPDO-vi.html

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
I was wondering why this was the 2nd time I watched this! lol
But am very much interested. Looking into a waterbox marine, just not sure what retrofits would need to be done on the sump it comes with.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I was wondering why this was the 2nd time I watched this! lol
But am very much interested. Looking into a waterbox marine, just not sure what retrofits would need to be done on the sump it comes with.

Give us a call and we'd be happy to answer any questions you may have. We are in the office until 5 pm PST today: 714-385-0080

Hope to hear from you,

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back