OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi sorry to go off topic but what kind of zoa is this, does it have a name?

IMG_0373.JPG

They WERE Chiquita's,lol. But they melted a long time ago.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I figured out my led layout. 15 leds,2 channels of hopefully good sps growth !!! Don't mind all the leftover wire on some of the leds,I was in a rush to replace them one night lol. 1 channel will be 4 Lux Royal Blue,2 Ultramarine Blue 2 Hyper Violets,channel 2 will be 2 Neutral Whites,3 Violets consisting of 2 different spectrums.

15074113717091933476077.jpg

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had time to wire up the array for the tank,gave it power and only 25% of the array worked.. pulled everything out,put my led strips from NanoBox in,wired up and gave it power only tge 2 blue strips worked and only the lime on the white strip worked.. so I placed a order this morning for a BlueAcro strip that is a combo of white,mint,royals and regular blue.

Got some rock,messed around and tried to make a scape that would give me good placement. Thinking if I want to make the tank a AIO and use a Jebao DC650 and a RW4 along with a AC50,what are your guys thoughts ?!

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a used skimmer coming for the tank from a member here,should be here sometime this week.

Leds from BlueAcro will hopefully be here this week as well.

If I get off early for once this week,I will cut some rocks with a saw to make the bases flat,and epoxy stuff together and get the tank ordered this weekend. Still trying to talk with the other half to see how she wants the light hung since it will be in the bedroom... We all know how that goes.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it! Is that the same scape from two different angles? Or two different scapes?

Same scape,just 2 different angles. I laid the dims out on the glass top table and made sure it all fit. I'll have enough room in the right top corner for the RW4,and there is tons of surface area for a few sps frags.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the tank ordered tonight !!! I have to go get salt for my 2g cube tomorrow and sand for this tank so I'm going to use that salt for this tank too. Most likely going to be Red Sea Blue Bucket.

I loved the Coral Pro so much when I used it last,besides the alk being so high. So,I will try the other stuff this go around.

I got the led strip from Blue Acro earlier this week,and it looks amazing. With the mint the white channel gets blended so well with my blue strips from NanoBox.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were able to grow acros and milis in the old 2G pico ? I noticed the pictures you shared are of frags, not colonies
Reason I am asking is because I maintain two pico tanks and I had hard time growing anything other than monti, birdnest and stylophora in them, among sps. Most lps grows ok. I'll be following along, I would love to learn sps husbandry in a pico

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You were able to grow acros and milis in the old 2G pico ? I noticed the pictures you shared are of frags, not colonies
Reason I am asking is because I maintain two pico tanks and I had hard time growing anything other than monti, birdnest and stylophora in them, among sps. Most lps grows ok. I'll be following along, I would love to learn sps husbandry in a pico

Absolutely. At first I had noticed no growth for a good 1-1.5 months,just coloring up and settling into my tank,then out of no where I started to get a crazy amount of encrusting growth,and a few hairs of vertical growth and growth in the branches. Then after a bad batch of salt,and my Coralux temp probe rusting,everything browned out and the all at once RTN'd in one afternoon.

All the pictures were of everything about 3 weeks into being in the tank,hence why you noticed they were still frag size. Unfortunately the period from which they started growth till thw tank crashed was only about 3 months.

I learned with the simple tank setup I had (Aquaclear 50 with carbon,diy led light and a ADA styled skimmer),stability,regular water changes,good lighting and flow things will grown,not just survive. So those are key. In tanks this small its frustrating,very frustrating.

This tank will have close to 40-50w of full spectrum leds (ch1-royals blues,blues,violets ch2-neutral white,royal blue,violet,blue and mint),AC50 with carbon,BioCube skimmer in the AC50 and a RW4 ran at 200maH. Dosing calc,alk,mag & Red Sea 4 colors mid week.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tahe tank will be here today,when I get home I'm gonna fill 'er up,put the rock in,hang the light and get everything cycling.

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a older stylef Tide fuge light,threw my blueacro strip in there,defiitely crisp white. Took the pics on the settings I use for my Zoa tank,so the fts looks way more blue than it is in person.

20171028_170543.jpg

20171028_170611.jpg

20171028_170652.jpg

20171028_170634.jpg

OP
OP
Steven Garland

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really cannot wait until this thing is cycled. I have a feeling I should be able to even grow Acro's on the bottom of the tank. From the results posted on Dave's threads,I should have about 100-130ish par at 12 inches and about 200ish on the rocks.

20171031_205019.jpg

As you can see,with the rw4 on the first wave dot,with the dial turn about 25% of the way up and the AC50 at 50% I have about 250-300ish gph of random flow.

20171031_142203.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back