Who wins & who loses? Coral Warfare

vvolfe1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to post the hydro finnally won out about 3 weeks ago. Since then it has exploded in new growth and has probably added an inch around.

Chrissy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a tiny one headed lobo take out half of a scoly and a good chunk out of my orange plate.

PaulKreider

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My torch coral destroyed a couple ricordias, and iv had an acan fall ontop of a colonie of zoas with disasterous results.... Acans pack a mean punch, same with brains.

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don't you set up a "Fight Club" Thread?
Fish vs fish
Coral vs fish
Coral vs coral
Spy vs spy?

Of course do not purposely make these critters fight...but we all buy that one thing that we shouldn't have...multiple times...might as well document it!

"Live like tomorrow already happened. Yesterday is only 3 days ahead. Today will be here soon."

cdness

2006 - Present
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my Green Hydnophora (Horn Coral) will kill anything it touches including duncans, milleporas, tricolors, favias, ricordea, and palys... It is the most dangerous thing in my tank that I didn't have epoxied down until recently. It fell off a high rock onto a purple favia and killed the whole colony. Then it slightly moved and touched the tentacles of a branching duncan head. It killed the whole branch!

My galaxia doesn't toss out the stingers. It is a pretty calm coral in my tank.

My blue leptoseris took out part of my gonipora colony.

I have a purple and green ricordea that my brain coral doesn't like at all. It receeds a bit anytime the ric touches it.

supernan79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great thread! I have a 15g nano cube and the one beginner mistake was getting frog spawn. I reaches tentacles out MINIMUM 6" in the evening (lights still on) and seems to kill or damage any and all within range (victims so far are; mushroom, paly's, zoas, and possibly a shrimp even though a near by starfish finished it off). Funny thing is that it repeatedly stung some xenia just on the tips and caused the xenia to be dwarfed after it grew back. It's literally a miniature colony- although I haven't noticed that that morphed colony pulses like the original did... just kind of cool- small tank, small xenia, lol.

impur

GO DUCKS!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Echinata and lord

001-1.jpg

Nano sapiens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Pavona species (P. varians and P. madivensis) that both have nasty sweepers and make short work of nearly all surrounding corals (except Discosoma mushrooms). My green A. millepora is dominant over all other types of true SPS.

The only corals that have given me welts, though, are a Leptastrea and an Acanthastrea bowerbanki.

pochaxoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can confirm that my Red Gonipora successfully stung and killed most of a Jingle Bells Cyphastrea that it's tentacles came across.

I can confirm that Flame boi favia beats 24K Leptoceris in a fight.

Sadly my Beach Bum Montipora is being stung and killed by a a Superman Montipora

Green Monster ******* acro killing a Garf Bonai.

I will attach some pictures tomorrow

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back