whole house catalytic carbon filteration

CayeCaulker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the planning phase of my RODI system. I plan to use the RODI for more than the aquarium. I will use it for my plants and for my deck misting system.

my municipality uses Chloramine so I need a catalytic carbon filter. I am looking at putting that filter in front of my water softener which will be in front of my RODI system.

Has anyone had good results with whole house catalytic carbon

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know exactly zero about this. However, I bought a whole house triple filtration system with the 4.5” x10” cartridges from US Water Systems. I’ve got it setup with a 20 micron sediment, 5 micron sediment, then a 5 micron carbon filter. It filters the main water coming in and now my RODI system lasts forever (I’m currently coming up on a year and half and my DI resin is about 1/4 color changed) I get 1 TDS coming out of my RO canister before the DI).

I was impressed with their products annd customer service and many are US made. I’d recommend talking to them if you have water filtration questions.

[I am NOT affiliated with them, just a happy customer.]

OP
OP
CayeCaulker

CayeCaulker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am basically trying to figure out the whole house catalytic carbon solution only. want to remove the chloramines and other nasties before the softener, RODI and regular carbon

Back