OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your guys thoughts on mixing all new water for new set up?
I've been going back and forth with it.
I've thrown this rock in with new water plenty of times and never missed a beat. Never full system though.
Do I want to carry over all mistakes I made in last year or start fresh?
I can pump system water out through 5 micron sock and into new tank.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_8872.JPG

:)
What in the....

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk to me about T5 lighting:D
I ordered Hybrid kit.
I went with Actinic and Purple plus for bulbs.
I maybe should have asked this question before I ordered the bulbs but what are you guys finding your soft corals like the most?
Especially your shrooms?
Depending on how this works out I may just go with Dimmable T5 on second tank.
@Lost in the Sauce did you just set up hybrid?
@fishguy242 I know your running the VHO.
Needs input lol
Sorry bro just saw this. I have not bought the
s-l400.jpg

Yet but decided on the hybrid t5 as well using @F i s h y bulb recipe that I saved.

Tank is 30." long. Pretty much nothing comes in 30". It's 24 or 32.

Think 32 would look dumb?

Also don't know which led. I'm on Red Sea upstairs but not married to it. I want to go see a few others on tanks and play with them.

So yeah, essentially I'm zero help and am asking YOUR opinion instead.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry bro just saw this. I have not bought the
s-l400.jpg

Yet but decided on the hybrid t5 as well using @F i s h y bulb recipe that I saved.

Tank is 30." long. Pretty much nothing comes in 30". It's 24 or 32.

Think 32 would look dumb?

Also don't know which led. I'm on Red Sea upstairs but not married to it. I want to go see a few others on tanks and play with them.

So yeah, essentially I'm zero help and am asking YOUR opinion instead.
32 all the way bulbs are only like 30 inches or so...

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
32 all the way bulbs are only like 30 inches or so...
24 will cover a 30 fine also. I use a 61” on a 72” tank. T5 light has an awesome spread. But if you plan wall to wall coral, then 32” is ok.

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 will cover a 30 fine also. I use a 61” on a 72” tank. T5 light has an awesome spread. But if you plan wall to wall coral, then 32” is ok.
Agree. A 24 will def cover.

But let's face it... this is just a step towards the next bigger tank... lol

Consider yourself enabled...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are hilarious. I needed that haha. Currently in big trouble since I broke news to wife that ill have to take window apart to get new stand in hahaha.
I'm like at least there's a solution babe.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to have separation anxiety lol
I am going to miss this ghetto machine.
20210515_175528.jpg

Not much to look at and never really cared but it is a finely tuned machine at this point and super simple to operate now that all kinks are worked out it pretty much runs itself for most part.
I cant see how I can get out of not setting up the shroom tables temporarily. Something is telling me I really should until tank is up and running and know its functioning properly. Really is no room and where I wanted to put tables will be in way of stand coming through window.
I'll figure it out. I'm pretty sure I can cram all shrooms into one table for a week or so.
Anyhow I love these wide open stands and ease to work inside of them and do whatever I need to really.
I love my ghetto sump totes. Way to easy to operate and tons of space and can drill, add, build inside and make corrections if need be. But I wanted to have some glass down there that I can double as DT or room for mom colonies or whatever. I can run both my sumps as DT right now if I wanted to.
I could actually still use the totes just wouldn't be able to see things unless top down.
Idk what to do what yall think?

F i s h y

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to have separation anxiety lol
I am going to miss this ghetto machine.
20210515_175528.jpg

Not much to look at and never really cared but it is a finely tuned machine at this point and super simple to operate now that all kinks are worked out it pretty much runs itself for most part.
I cant see how I can get out of not setting up the shroom tables temporarily. Something is telling me I really should until tank is up and running and know its functioning properly. Really is no room and where I wanted to put tables will be in way of stand coming through window.
I'll figure it out. I'm pretty sure I can cram all shrooms into one table for a week or so.
Anyhow I love these wide open stands and ease to work inside of them and do whatever I need to really.
I love my ghetto sump totes. Way to easy to operate and tons of space and can drill, add, build inside and make corrections if need be. But I wanted to have some glass down there that I can double as DT or room for mom colonies or whatever. I can run both my sumps as DT right now if I wanted to.
I could actually still use the totes just wouldn't be able to see things unless top down.
Idk what to do what yall think?
Do it all.... lol... more water more shrooms more lps more nems more acros moar moar moar :)

I always like reusing old setups when I know they work. I used to have one that I threw all my misfit frags, broken coral, and misc in. It was actually quite neat to just let it be and watch it grow as it wanted...

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do it all.... lol... more water more shrooms more lps more nems more acros moar moar moar :)

I always like reusing old setups when I know they work. I used to have one that I threw all my misfit frags, broken coral, and misc in. It was actually quite neat to just let it be and watch it grow as it wanted...

Lol was afraid someone was going to say that!
Really could just throw some ball valves inline and disconnect sumps to run independently. Sumps are full of bivalves, crazy fan worms and all kinds of stuff growing on them. Oddly enough algae is not a problem with this plastic it doesn't really care to grow on it for whatever reason.
All id really have to do is get another tote for shroom tables at that point.
Once its in its in though no turning back. Id have to jack and brace it to change the sumps lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back