10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't use the keyboard options

Screenshot_20210610-213857__01.jpg

Screenshot_20210610-213913__01.jpg
I can get tab to pull down but nothing happens when I click on anything that pulls down. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to use the gif button idk whats up now.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get tab to pull down but nothing happens when I click on anything that pulls down. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to use the gif button idk whats up now.
Your on the naughty list...

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you blocking popups somehow? (Is that a pop up? ) I know I have had issues with my phone not letting me post gifs before or pull up the smileys, but I can’t remember how I fixed it or what I did that caused it now. I think I ended up logging out and in again. But I’m using an iPhone so may not be the same issue.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you blocking popups somehow? (Is that a pop up? ) I know I have had issues with my phone not letting me post gifs before or pull up the smileys, but I can’t remember how I fixed it or what I did that caused it now. I think I ended up logging out and in again. But I’m using an iPhone so may not be the same issue.
Probably need to update phone or something. I'll try that and logging out.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up LRT? I've been browsing your Mushroom table build thread trying to figure out why you decided to swap out the tables for this new guy but can't find the answer. Got a Cliffs notes version for me? I've been thinking about building a cheap setup myself here with tubs but maybe would go the plug and play route if it's not going to be worth the troubles.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up LRT? I've been browsing your Mushroom table build thread trying to figure out why you decided to swap out the tables for this new guy but can't find the answer. Got a Cliffs notes version for me? I've been thinking about building a cheap setup myself here with tubs but maybe would go the plug and play route if it's not going to be worth the troubles.
It's not all his fault. We're all about
f is for family graffiti GIF by NETFLIX

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Cell thanks for stopping by.
Honestly the only real issue I've ever had to deal with on the tables is flow. They are super shallow at about 3-4" over shrooms. I did straighten it out with flow deflection inside tubs and cranking serious water through them as opposed to inside of them.
Only other real issue was without top water movement i had a few fish carpet surf on me. Which is really the main factor that prompted the upgrade as my tables where being over run with amphipods and constantly messy and there's some fish I just have to have. Probably not going to stop getting tanks until I can fill them with all the wrasse I want lol.
Tubs aren't going anywhere though. I am going to throw an overflow on each side of the tubs and put on opposite wall. At the end of the day I am going to miss the simplicity of the open stands, super simple design thats working like well oiled machine at this point.
Concentrate on flow. You can't have enough through them and the more turnover you can achieve the better its going to be. Believe it or not the tables hold about 22 gallons full. Im pushing water from a 900pgh pond pump up to first table and its about 3/4 full throttle in first tub. An overflow on each wall is all its lacking to turn it all the way up.
Id go with heavy duty deep hydro table next time. Straight walls. Deeper water. Super robust. Done deal.
Let me know if you have any questions tinkering. I cant look at a spot on my tables that I haven't made some kind of revisions to fine tune it at this point. Sure the rest of guys here could help get it sorted as well.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. Thanks for the response. I didn't realize they were quite that shallow. I'm aiming for 12" depth. A quick search found me this 83x34x13 reservoir that piqued my interest.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet. Thanks for the response. I didn't realize they were quite that shallow. I'm aiming for 12" depth. A quick search found me this 83x34x13 reservoir that piqued my interest.

I've had a few of these in my cart several times. This is what I was going to upgrade to before I changed my mind. Not going to get any better for this application!
At the end of the day all I really wanted was something I could enjoy my fish. They have been exiled to sump for months. They love it down there i just want to get them up top and look at them I guess. I dont have a DT currently. So these tanks will dbl as DT and frag tanks.
This all started as something to do. Had a bunch of stuff laying around. Come from hydro growing plants and figured I could make a reef same way. It worked now im addicted to reefing in process lol

Check out eye catching corals frag farm pix. Pretty sure these are exact tables they and many other farmers are using to grow frags in:D

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've realized that I really just enjoy growing coral. The idea of a frag tank full of small little frags that I get to cultivate and watch grow into colonies excites me as much or more than a fully stocked and mature reef tank.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I've realized that I really just enjoy growing coral. The idea of a frag tank full of small little frags that I get to cultivate and watch grow into colonies excites me as much or more than a fully stocked and mature reef tank.
Agreed. From a functional stand point ill take an efficient, clean and easy to operate reef every day of week over anything else. Im setting up my tanks same exact way.
From an artistic standpoint there is no beating the footprint and top down look of natural reef they create as well.
My main goal is to get the look of @FarmerTy reef when standing over them. Thats a reef to me haha

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hey Cell, they have these exact reservoirs at my hydroponics store. They're made of a really nice thick plastic that doesn't deflect much if at all.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed. From a functional stand point ill take an efficient, clean and easy to operate reef every day of week over anything else. Im setting up my tanks same exact way.
From an artistic standpoint there is no beating the footprint and top down look of natural reef they create as well.
My main goal is to get the look of @FarmerTy reef when standing over them. Thats a reef to me haha
I’m obsessed with my frag tanks. I enjoy the husbandry… watching the frags grow, cultivating them like tiny little trees.

If I could go full lagoon display… look down… I would. The side view is great but I sure love the view from above and being able to stick my hands in and interact with it too.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m obsessed with my frag tanks. I enjoy the husbandry… watching the frags grow, cultivating them like tiny little trees.

If I could go full lagoon display… look down… I would. The side view is great but I sure love the view from above and being able to stick my hands in and interact with it too.
This is why I had to have the shallow tanks. I cant picture it any other way for these exact reasons. Its too easy man. I'm staying full lagoon for shroom garden and ease of maintenance. Do plan on hanging some racks or building up the back for sticks and torches and use the shading for lower par shrooms and other corals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back