Who's coming to the Carolina Reef Experience?

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth the drive it seems like. Meet any R2R not in our area?

I should have given you my shopping list and some cash :)

It was worth it to go once, would probably be worth going annually if you plan on buying coral. We got there around 12:30, I'm glad I brought the Nintendo Switch for the kid, no way he would have made it to the raffles at 3 without it :)

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the one you're talking about the one Guy at Fishy Business, Columbia puts on at Jamil Shrine Temple, I've benn to a cpl of those, this one was done by Aquarium Speciaties, this was their inaugural event. It was 1.5hr for me also from the other direction.

Did not know this was a new show, now I’m kicking myself for missing it.

I do not know who did the one years ago, It was nice show, but small. Maybe it was a local club level event?

Hope you had a great time, I’m going to have to bug @Silver14SS and @Bret Brinkmann to show me pics of all the good stuff and fun.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not know this was a new show, now I’m kicking myself for missing it.

I do not know who did the one years ago, It was nice show, but small. Maybe it was a local club level event?

Hope you had a great time, I’m going to have to bug @Silver14SS and @Bret Brinkmann to show me pics of all the good stuff and fun.
Yep, I believe I met @Silver14SS when I was talking to Revtree & the wife

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's pictures of the 3 corals I adopted. From Jason Fox Signature Corals; blinding orange leptoseris and silver bullet montipora. $40 each. I'm guessing that was Jason at the display. Nice guy. Gladly turned on whites so I could look at everything. Also got a micro brittlestar hitchhiker on the leptoseris. SCORE! :cool:

From Leon's Lagoon a purple torch. Also a nice guy and very healthy looking frags. $40 for one of the healthiest little torches I saw all day. Everyone else was asking $70 for comparably sized torches that didn't quite look as good. The larger specimens seemed to tolerate travel better.

Met Julian Sprung who is pretty funny. We talked about a few things after his Q&A session. He was wearing his Halloween costume. Should have worn mine. Oh well, there's always next year.

Also met The Rev and his wife. Are there any unfriendly people that go to these things? Got some extra raffle tickets for being a sponsor member. Didn't win a single raffle all day, but it's still worth it for the jacket. Wore it all day at work once while walking around in the cold and gentle rain. Kept me dry and warm. The hood was perfect. :D

Will definitely attend next year. There is also one coming up in Raleigh NC I think.

20191103_100326.jpg 20191103_100300.jpg 20191103_100320.jpg

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's pictures of the 3 corals I adopted. From Jason Fox Signature Corals; blinding orange leptoseris and silver bullet montipora. $40 each. I'm guessing that was Jason at the display. Nice guy. Gladly turned on whites so I could look at everything. Also got a micro brittlestar hitchhiker on the leptoseris. SCORE! :cool:

From Leon's Lagoon a purple torch. Also a nice guy and very healthy looking frags. $40 for one of the healthiest little torches I saw all day. Everyone else was asking $70 for comparably sized torches that didn't quite look as good. The larger specimens seemed to tolerate travel better.

Met Julian Sprung who is pretty funny. We talked about a few things after his Q&A session. He was wearing his Halloween costume. Should have worn mine. Oh well, there's always next year.

Also met The Rev and his wife. Are there any unfriendly people that go to these things? Got some extra raffle tickets for being a sponsor member. Didn't win a single raffle all day, but it's still worth it for the jacket. Wore it all day at work once while walking around in the cold and gentle rain. Kept me dry and warm. The hood was perfect. :D

Will definitely attend next year. There is also one coming up in Raleigh NC I think.

20191103_100326.jpg 20191103_100300.jpg 20191103_100320.jpg

Nice!! When is the Raleigh one?

AquariumSpecialty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carolina Reef Experience 2020. We have several updates on our Facebook page and website. Check it out. Set you calendars for October 24th, 2020 and we hope to see you at show!

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back