Who's from Northern Colorado?

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down in Cheyenne but I've been through that area a few times.
It's the wind swept plains. Not too inviting this time of year. Needless to say, my visits to the parents take place during the summer times. lol

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the chat! Growing up, we lived in Boulder, CO, I was born and raised there. We had extended family in Wheatland, WY that I loved visiting every summer as a kid. Now my parents live in Why Homin', so it was nice chatting with someone from the area!

Andnosobabin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the chat! Growing up, we lived in Boulder, CO, I was born and raised there. We had extended family in Wheatland, WY that I loved visiting every summer as a kid. Now my parents live in Why Homin', so it was nice chatting with someone from the area!
Likewise. I was born in Cheyenne then moved to the southwest corner of WY and then back here for school and family. I spend a decent amount of time in Colorado between shopping and new places to explore. Actually one day would like to find land somewhere down there.

But applicable to this forum:
I have a few years of experience devided within my 32yrs of life.
Tanks I currently have
55gal sw running about 7 months now mostly a crash course back into the hobby and to get the gf hooked enough I could bring in a 125gal to turn into a pavilion style reef for the front room.
Then I have 30gal sw in bedroom that is about 1 month old and waiting for a hob-fuge before continuing.
I'm by no means even close to having any clue what I'm doing but I'm getting better at keeping stable water conditions now lol

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! I got the hook up if you ever need clean water in a pinch. HMU!

Yeah same here, I usually have a 35g brute filled with RODI and another filled mixed and heated with reef crystals salt mix if you ever have an emergency. I also harvest a good amount of Cheato out of my refugium every other week if you need any.

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fo sho. Is it cool if I head up in a few weeks and grab a bit? I’m trying to grow some in my “tumbler box”, but I think my canister filter is zapping all the extra nutrients. My ball is just staying as is...I want to turn off the canister but I’m scared of changing too much. I think I’d be ok if I just added a few more power heads. Ahhhhhh

Oh hey you want to carpoool to elite reef sometime this summer and snag some frags?

Peace!

Jon

bo0sted2g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fo sho. Is it cool if I head up in a few weeks and grab a bit? I’m trying to grow some in my “tumbler box”, but I think my canister filter is zapping all the extra nutrients. My ball is just staying as is...I want to turn off the canister but I’m scared of changing too much. I think I’d be ok if I just added a few more power heads. Ahhhhhh

Oh hey you want to carpoool to elite reef sometime this summer and snag some frags?

Peace!

Jon

Yeah I just trimmed the Cheato 4 days ago. I'll let you know when it's time to harvest again. Probably 2 weeks. I'd be down to cruise to Elite Reef. That's usually my go to shop in Denver. I've been trying to get to Aquatic Art but they have weird hours that just never work out when I'm down there.

Also not sure if you know about it or not but they hold an event called "reefstock" at the Radisson hotel in Denver. It's a big expo and trade show tons of frags at insane prices. This year it is Feb 24th & 25th. Definitely worth checking out.

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I just trimmed the Cheato 4 days ago. I'll let you know when it's time to harvest again. Probably 2 weeks. I'd be down to cruise to Elite Reef. That's usually my go to shop in Denver. I've been trying to get to Aquatic Art but they have weird hours that just never work out when I'm down there.

Also not sure if you know about it or not but they hold an event called "reefstock" at the Radisson hotel in Denver. It's a big expo and trade show tons of frags at insane prices. This year it is Feb 24th & 25th. Definitely worth checking out.

Weird question, can I purchase some mixed saltwater from you? Haha the LFS in junction has sketch water and I’m switching out my 55 for a 75 with a sump so I need to pick up about 60g for the change over. I just don’t have that kind of mixing capabilities in a time fashion that works well with my livestock. Please let me know. Text me if we can set something up. I’m looking as soon as tomorrow. The lady I’m buying from is in sort of a hurry. Thanks, man!

970-629-3457
Jon

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back