Who's got the best prices on insulated cooler boxes?

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The volume of corals I'm shipping has recently increased exponentially. I need to start buying insulated cooler boxes in bulk.. The 8x8x8 (exterior dimensions) cooler boxes are the ones I use most, but I'll also need larger ones as well.

Uline has them, but they are not cheap. Where can I buy let's say 100-300 boxes at a time.. How many are on a pallet?

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the cheapest and really good way buying a box and insulation from Home Depot and Lowe’s

OP
OP
305Reefer

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I've been using HD to buy foam and cut it, but its a pain in the butt, plus im honestly always afraid that since its not a sealed cooler it wont work as well when its cold. I guess now that summer is coming it wont be a big deal, but for next winter I have more peace of mind using the one piece cooler boxes.. but getting them at a the right price is hard, which is understandable they are cumbersome and cant be broken down.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hit up you local pharmacy's after delivery hours.
Too bad you're not near the Long Island area, I'd hook you up with a lot of coolers. I work for an online pharmacy and I get refrigerated pharmaceuticals daily. I've already given away some to local reefers. Sometimes I have so many that I have to throw some out.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Too bad you're not near the Long Island area, I'd hook you up with a lot of coolers. I work for an online pharmacy and I get refrigerated pharmaceuticals daily. I've already given away some to local reefers. Sometimes I have so many that I have to throw some out.

That's nice of you to do that. Kudos.

ludnix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO the cheapest and really good way buying a box and insulation from Home Depot and Lowe’s
From what I can tell this seems to be what most hobby sellers I have bought from are doing. I also am concerned about them not being a single sealed unit but I haven't had much issues yet so I guess it seems to be working well enough. I had always seen the advice to only used single unit styrofoam boxes but the assembled ones seem to work too.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back