Who's got two Rock Islands/Mountains? Where are your powerheads?

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a 5x2x2 tank - running for a couple years with two Tunze powerheads, one at each end. I need to perfect my flow, it's sort of just a brute force setup right now. I realize "flow is different for every tank" and "you've got to play around and find what's right for you"... BUT....

I just need to get an idea where to start. I'm anticipating buying another 1 or 2 powerheads of some kind, but just need to see some examples. :)

My aquascape is two rock mountains/islands with a valley in the middle. Fish/LPS. Sandbed.

So I'd love to hear from people who have this same sort of aquascape as to what their flow/powerhead setup is.

Thanks for your help!

OP
OP
Lylelovett

Lylelovett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a pic, easier to help
See attached - I have a mess of Kenya Trees in the sandbed at either end that I will most likely remove to help waterflow around the end.

I've also attached an older photo (the one with the Kessils) that might help you see the layout better.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Tank-PAR.jpg
    Tank-PAR.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 80

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I have both mp40 on my 180 toward top 1/3. One middle, one more towards back glass. your rock placement does have a lot to do what the heck it. Also check out coral lab ecotech info. I read their info from WWC and it helped.

1663DA2B-A29D-41E8-8FF6-D523B4279AB9.jpeg

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have a 5x2x2 tank - running for a couple years with two Tunze powerheads, one at each end. I need to perfect my flow, it's sort of just a brute force setup right now. I realize "flow is different for every tank" and "you've got to play around and find what's right for you"... BUT....

I just need to get an idea where to start. I'm anticipating buying another 1 or 2 powerheads of some kind, but just need to see some examples. :)

My aquascape is two rock mountains/islands with a valley in the middle. Fish/LPS. Sandbed.

So I'd love to hear from people who have this same sort of aquascape as to what their flow/powerhead setup is.

Thanks for your help!

What did you decide? I have a 5' long x 30" wide x 21" high tank and I have the following:

-MP40 on each end of the tank (two in total), towards the front and in the top 1/3rd blasting towards each other.
-Jebao PP8 on each end of the tank in the back corner pointed toward the middle/center of the tank (angled in). Two total for these as well.

I still feel like I do not have enough flow. I might try messing with placement and my random program for the jebaos (controlled via apex) and the vortex programs controlled by the apex as well.

I'm also thinking of adding two gyres vertical on the ends to help create flow around the outside of the tank. We'll see...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back