Who's into fish-only?? Can we see some FOWLR photos?

Feet4Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
660 DT - Wow!!!

I have been wondering what should be my water regimen ... I run skimmer 24X7 and use GFO ... have lots of live rocks and 4 big bioblock slabs ... but nitrate keeps going up ... I feed my fishes well (only once - mostly pellets and 2 cubes frozen mysis or PE Mysis) and all of them are FAT!

However, I think, my blueface stops eating if water is high in nitrate ... so I end up changing water every 3-4 weeks to keep nitrate low ..

Last 1 month I have been putting 6 ml NOPOX daily (my tank is 8 ft long 240 DT, 60 sump).

How often do you change water and what %? How much do you feed your fishes?
I do feed heavy. Tank is fed four times daily. For nitrate management I employ a large algae scrubber, aggressive mechanical filtration, and monthly vacuuming of 1/4 of the sand bed.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180, love fish only, what phosphate?
DDF8AE77-5B19-4B51-9FD0-2B1FEFD5D81A.jpeg
84241F27-5B34-4AAA-9CE6-E0557D774D3F.jpeg
4881B3A6-C56E-42CF-973E-583DC2CA32C9.jpeg

I forgot to mention I am working on the cyano, carbon dosing is causing a bloom ;)

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh come on....this thread...BOO
haha I have been dreaming of a large FOWLR for qiute some time. I have a couple tanks picked out and even a plywood build in mind. but not going to finsh the basement for a few years so that got put on hold.

then....got to thinking maybe some how I can convince the GF to add anothe large reef to our living room. was thinking a 10' 340 but after some measuring I dont think that or a 8' 300 would work.

I mean it would work for me...
I really want a butterfly angle and tang tank for years now. setting up a room divider RS650P and there is a chance I might do FOWLR there but its not quite big enough. as I at least want 1 big angle either emp. or queen.
IDK what do you all think?

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully R2R will introduce a FOWLR forum so we can share successes and failures on these beautiful tanks.
I wholeheartedly agree!!!
It's easy to feel shamed by all the talk of coral and chemistry. I have a reef tank in progress, but my primary joy comes from watching, learning and balancing the interaction of all the creatures that swim, crawl and creep.

Huntininbama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6B2F849F-F584-446E-BFEB-9EC3381A8257.jpeg
Hey Reef2Reefers!!! I think FOWLRs are highly underrated! I'd love to see some of your fish-only tanks! Show 'em off!!
this is a round tank about 45 gallons been up for about 5 months is doing good going to add a few soft coral soon got a 10 gallon sump with a skimmer hope it will work out

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh come on....this thread...BOO
haha I have been dreaming of a large FOWLR for qiute some time. I have a couple tanks picked out and even a plywood build in mind. but not going to finsh the basement for a few years so that got put on hold.

then....got to thinking maybe some how I can convince the GF to add anothe large reef to our living room. was thinking a 10' 340 but after some measuring I dont think that or a 8' 300 would work.

I mean it would work for me...
I really want a butterfly angle and tang tank for years now. setting up a room divider RS650P and there is a chance I might do FOWLR there but its not quite big enough. as I at least want 1 big angle either emp. or queen.
IDK what do you all think?
I have both emperor and angel in my 625. They do ok with an occasional tiff but nothing serious. Also have a scribble, flag fin, flame and C.beauty with a personifier in Qt.

Back