• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

Who's planning to be part of the R2R Secret Santa fun this year??

Will you be joining the R2R Secret Santa fun this year?

• YES! I'll sign up! (Be sure to subscribe to the hashtag)

Votes: 95 74.8%
  • No. Probably not this year.

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Not sure yet...but I'm thinking about it...

Votes: 29 22.8%

• Total voters
Top Shelf Aquatics

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
110% in!!! Who can I private message to ask a couple questions?
PM @Hermey! He was really busy and worked really, really hard last year, so probably already ready to go this year! Mind you, he gets confused easily and is directionally challenged, but you couldn't ask for more heart! Oh, and keep him out of the workshop!

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Okay, cool. I'm in.

I suggest that, when people are signing up, they should be asked some details about what gifts they like. I don't know how much detail people went into last year. My questions for someone would be, do they have any allergies to food or candle scents? If they're interested in live goods, what tank do they have that said goods could go in?

I would also suggest that maybe, if it wouldn't be too much trouble for the mods, people could privately say what they might gift. The ideal would be that the mods could match up, say, a person who mentions that they like cookies with a person who says they can bake cookies. Or a person who mentions they have a zoa tank for things to go in, could be matched with a person who says they want to send zoas.

I would additionally say that live goods should probably not be sent right around Christmas. Shipping delays and all that. When are things normally sent, anyway? Early December is probably the closest to Christmas I'd want to send something that actually needs to get there fast.
There’s a wishlist from what I recall. We used some website that managed everything for everyone. So you could say “I prefer this and not this kind of a thing”. You can also chat with the person you’re sending stuff to but they don’t know who you are. I think we had a reveal party last year....

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
PM @Hermey! He was really busy and worked really, really hard last year, so probably already ready to go this year! Mind you, he gets confused easily and is directionally challenged, but you couldn't ask for more heart! Oh, and keep him out of the workshop!
Shouldn't he have a dentist practice by now?

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
The location says Hong Kong. Can you imagine the customs scrutiny there?
Funny thing is, customs is almost non existent here. My secret Santa was in Turkey I believe. He sent me something from Amazon US and I received it in less than a week. Thanks @Aldemirgen

Mastiffsrule

King of the run on sentences and bad grammar
View Badges
Reaction score
It was really nice exchanging gifts with you last year. I got mine in June? ;Hilarious
Hey, you got the post card, I’m still waiting on my spent shell.:p

Fragtacular Sale

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Shouldn't he have a dentist practice by now?
Hermey should be and do a lot of things, but he is a good elf so we keep him!

ARAJEA

View Badges
Reaction score
My goodness you guys need to have some Christmas spirit. You're making it about what you got as opposed to what you sent. I hate opening gifts. Always have. I don't ever want anything. Reactions of what I get people is what I live for. In this day and age I'm probably wrong for that. Or at least would be told I was.

Mastiffsrule

King of the run on sentences and bad grammar
View Badges
Reaction score
Keep checking the mail....
Just bring them with you if you want to stay at my house in NC if you make it to the states:p

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Just bring them with you if you want to stay at my house in NC if you make it to the states:p
Remember, I just need a couch to prop my feet up on.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
My goodness you guys need to have some Christmas spirit. You're making it about what you got as opposed to what you sent. I hate opening gifts. Always have. I don't ever want anything. Reactions of what I get people is what I live for. In this day and age I'm probably wrong for that. Or at least would be told I was.
I’m happy with all the trouble he gives me. It’s worth it.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
I will say this, last years secret Santa was amazing. People went far and beyond. The reefing community and REEF2REEF in general, are the best in the world. I don’t think anyone goes in expecting anything. Everyone is more than happy to give and make someone happy. I’m being very sincere when I say this.

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 269 42.8%
  • Every Month

Votes: 37 5.9%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 82 13.0%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 87 13.8%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 30 4.8%