Who's planning to be part of the R2R Secret Santa fun this year??

Will you be joining the R2R Secret Santa fun this year?

• YES! I'll sign up! (Be sure to subscribe to the hashtag)

Votes: 119 74.4%
  • No. Probably not this year.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Not sure yet...but I'm thinking about it...

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilkiwi930

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking we'll probably open enrollment in a few weeks (probably around the first or second week of October). Once everyone is signed up, we'll go ahead and start matching people up. You'll be matched with someone to give to and someone else will be giving to you. It's a pretty simple process, but lots and lots of fun!
Thank you.. I followed the secret santa. So I will keep an eye out. :)

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down. One thing I might consider is having a list of items someone is meant to receive? I know some people didn't get theirs last year due to postal issues. With so much ordering going online with covid, I imagine there may be more mixups? If someone does not reveal who they are, there is no way to know if the other person got everything and/or if the person doesn't post, you may not know if your recipient got anything.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will only join if I can get @Crabs McJones. I am willing to personally deliver the present. ;) :p :rolleyes: ;Woot
Bring it on. As soon as I open that door
giphy.gif

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
To the powers that be, would it be possible to buy a 2021 partner thing for someone to give during the secret santa?
The best answer I can give is "potentially yes." The partner drive will end on November 2nd, so it would mean that we would need to match up members before that date and the purchase would have to be made by then. We're working on a way to have people being matched in batches before the close of registration, so I'd say it could be done.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down. One thing I might consider is having a list of items someone is meant to receive? I know some people didn't get theirs last year due to postal issues. With so much ordering going online with covid, I imagine there may be more mixups? If someone does not reveal who they are, there is no way to know if the other person got everything and/or if the person doesn't post, you may not know if your recipient got anything.
I believe last year we were asked to notify Hermey or someone that we mailed it or something like that. Goodness what a year this has been. My memory is mush.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe last year we were asked to notify Hermey or someone that we mailed it or something like that. Goodness what a year this has been. My memory is mush.

That is correct, let Hermey know and provide a tracking number as well

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hermey :rolleyes: How can he hold anyone accountable? Who was @Hermey? Was it crabs?

Honestly no one can hold anyone "Accountable", we had a few participants last year who didn't recieve anything from there Secret Santa's and they did recieve late presents from a few who were willing to be a second SS. I think those that didn't send a gift like they were supposed to were banned from participating again but I'm not 110% sure on that one.

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly no one can hold anyone "Accountable", we had a few participants last year who didn't recieve anything from there Secret Santa's and they did recieve late presents from a few who were willing to be a second SS. I think those that didn't send a gift like they were supposed to were banned from participating again but I'm not 110% sure on that one.
I recall reading that as well. Fortunately an overwhelming majority of us are honest. I even exchanged gifts with some other people here just for the sake of giving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back