Who's planning to be part of the R2R Secret Santa fun this year??

Will you be joining the R2R Secret Santa fun this year?

• YES! I'll sign up! (Be sure to subscribe to the hashtag)

Votes: 119 74.4%
  • No. Probably not this year.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Not sure yet...but I'm thinking about it...

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have 2 gifts sitting in the closet... (yea I'm one of those early gift getters)

giphy.gif

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! Remember last winter looking forward to reading the daily posts on the secret Santa show off thread. It was like a breath of fresh air to see so much kindness and selflessness, and joy.... and boy could I use some of that these days/this year. ;-)

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to participate in this!
Would hand made art count? I do semi-realistic painting and sculpture that I could potentially make for someone, of that would be allowed.

You have an IG? Or a website? I'm a glassblower would love to check out ur stuff

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep! We have a questionnaire and we also use the Elfster.com website for people to make wishlists (there'll be more instructions for this when we get the official registration started). So you'll have plenty of ideas for what to get. :)

We do use a questionnaire, and I'd love your feedback on the questions and if you think we should add more. Here is what we used last year:
  1. What is your shirt size?
  2. What are your favorite foods or snacks? Any allergies or special considerations that need to be kept in mind?
  3. What is your gender?
  4. What are your hobbies or other interests?
  5. What is your favorite color?
  6. What is your favorite fish?
  7. What is your favorite coral?
  8. Would you be interested in receiving livestock? If yes, what would you be interested in? *disclaimer due to the busy holiday season we recommend not shipping livestock*

That sounds awesome!! Definitely a great gift!!
is this a random draw as to whom you get matched up with or? I haven't seen a comprehensive guideline yet (maybe it's out there, i just haven't run across it) as to how this works, just bits and pieces strung out across 400 replies...

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
is this a random draw as to whom you get matched up with or? I haven't seen a comprehensive guideline yet (maybe it's out there, i just haven't run across it) as to how this works, just bits and pieces strung out across 400 replies...
It's a random draw. The details are not really all posted here. This is more of just an interest thread. We'll have a full on registration thread with all the details soon I hope. I think we're planning to see this kicked off in the first part of October.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have an IG? Or a website? I'm a glassblower would love to check out ur stuff
I don't have either of those, I do art as more of a personal thing. Maybe I could start a thread on R2R at some point sharing some, but that would most likely be pretty far in the future.

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have either of those, I do art as more of a personal thing. Maybe I could start a thread on R2R at some point sharing some, but that would most likely be pretty far in the future.
No problem! I'd Def be interested. I collect alot of art from people would love to see what ya got!

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some crazy generosity I received out of no where within the reef keeping community, I am officially in. Gotta pay it forward, even if I can’t go as crazy as others for gifts

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!! It's not quite beginning to look a lot like Christmas just yet, but the season will be here before you know it! I haven't started serving up the eggnog yet, but I'm already seeing Christmas decor up in some stores, and that has reminded me that it will soon be time for us to crank off our R2R Secret Santa fun!! This is always one of my favorite things we do as a community because it's so much fun to be part of sending reefers all over gifts that reflect this awesome hobby (gifts that...let's face it...you're just not likely to get from your non-reefing family and friends...). It's an exciting thing to be part of! There are a few things we learned from last year that will make this year even better IMO and we're hoping to see this get cranked off a bit sooner than it did last year (that's one of those changes that I think will help us all).

So...the biggest question: Are YOU planning to participate?? :cool: If so, definitely vote "YES" in our poll above, and I'd suggest you also go ahead and be sure you're subscribed to the #R2RSecretSanta hashtag so you don't miss anything as the official announcements are made!

Also, are there any suggestions you'd like to make as we are starting the planning process? What would you like to see us incorporate or plan for?

*One question I'm sure will come up is if our international members can take part, and I'm happy to say... ALL members will be allowed to participate regardless of where you live. We learned as we went last year how best to pair people up by countries and regions (reefers in the USA matched with others from the USA, Canada with Canada, UK with UK, etc.), and we'll be doing that from the very beginning this year.

What else should we be thinking about and planning for Secret Santa this year?

My question is about possibly sending frags to our match. it would be nice to maybe have people interested in frags be matched with people that have frags?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My question is about possibly sending frags to our match. it would be nice to maybe have people interested in frags be matched with people that have frags?
Good suggestion. I'll pass that one along. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back