Who's planning to be part of the R2R Secret Santa fun this year??

Will you be joining the R2R Secret Santa fun this year?

• YES! I'll sign up! (Be sure to subscribe to the hashtag)

Votes: 119 74.4%
  • No. Probably not this year.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Not sure yet...but I'm thinking about it...

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey everyone!! It's not quite beginning to look a lot like Christmas just yet, but the season will be here before you know it! I haven't started serving up the eggnog yet, but I'm already seeing Christmas decor up in some stores, and that has reminded me that it will soon be time for us to crank off our R2R Secret Santa fun!! This is always one of my favorite things we do as a community because it's so much fun to be part of sending reefers all over gifts that reflect this awesome hobby (gifts that...let's face it...you're just not likely to get from your non-reefing family and friends...). It's an exciting thing to be part of! There are a few things we learned from last year that will make this year even better IMO and we're hoping to see this get cranked off a bit sooner than it did last year (that's one of those changes that I think will help us all).

So...the biggest question: Are YOU planning to participate?? :cool: If so, definitely vote "YES" in our poll above, and I'd suggest you also go ahead and be sure you're subscribed to the #R2RSecretSanta hashtag so you don't miss anything as the official announcements are made!

Also, are there any suggestions you'd like to make as we are starting the planning process? What would you like to see us incorporate or plan for?

*One question I'm sure will come up is if our international members can take part, and I'm happy to say... ALL members will be allowed to participate regardless of where you live. We learned as we went last year how best to pair people up by countries and regions (reefers in the USA matched with others from the USA, Canada with Canada, UK with UK, etc.), and we'll be doing that from the very beginning this year.

What else should we be thinking about and planning for Secret Santa this year?

Aheinz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to but with a big move soon I don't know if I'll be able to participate this year

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
defintly enjoyed last year !! @CCauthers you give someone a gift by mail the mods pick your person via a website? you also will get a gift from some one via mail.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of gifts are they?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I dont even know if I remember @Hermey password lol
defintly enjoyed last year !! @CCauthers you give someone a gift by mail the mods pick your person via a website? you also will get a gift from some one via mail.
Yep! It's a lot of fun! It's basically a gift exchange among members in the community. Each participant gets to create a wishlist and are matched with someone they will give to and someone who will give to them. It's a secret exchange (hence the name "Secret Santa"), and you can reveal yourself to your recipient after sending the gift (or sometimes when the gift is sent). I enjoy sending a couple of smaller gifts and then my big gift. We had a minimum gift amount last year of $20, so that's the smallest amount anyone was allowed to spend. Most people ended up doing more. It just depends on the person. However, it really wasn't about the amount spent, but the generosity and spirit of Christmas that was shared in the community. I love it!!

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just another reason to look forward to the holidays! Looking forward to giving corals aways, I love this community!

giphy.gif

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone!! It's not quite beginning to look a lot like Christmas just yet, but the season will be here before you know it! I haven't started serving up the eggnog yet, but I'm already seeing Christmas decor up in some stores, and that has reminded me that it will soon be time for us to crank off our R2R Secret Santa fun!! This is always one of my favorite things we do as a community because it's so much fun to be part of sending reefers all over gifts that reflect this awesome hobby (gifts that...let's face it...you're just not likely to get from your non-reefing family and friends...). It's an exciting thing to be part of! There are a few things we learned from last year that will make this year even better IMO and we're hoping to see this get cranked off a bit sooner than it did last year (that's one of those changes that I think will help us all).

So...the biggest question: Are YOU planning to participate?? :cool: If so, definitely vote "YES" in our poll above, and I'd suggest you also go ahead and be sure you're subscribed to the #R2RSecretSanta hashtag so you don't miss anything as the official announcements are made!

Also, are there any suggestions you'd like to make as we are starting the planning process? What would you like to see us incorporate or plan for?

*One question I'm sure will come up is if our international members can take part, and I'm happy to say... ALL members will be allowed to participate regardless of where you live. We learned as we went last year how best to pair people up by countries and regions (reefers in the USA matched with others from the USA, Canada with Canada, UK with UK, etc.), and we'll be doing that from the very beginning this year.

What else should we be thinking about and planning for Secret Santa this year?
I dont know have you been to hobby lobby.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of gifts are they?
All kinds. Take a look at reveal thread. It was lots of fun

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm in for sure. but I dont know how to subscribe to hashtags ( I dont do social media anything) so just watching this thread for now,
All you have to do is select the hashtag #R2RSecretSanta and that will take you to a new page, click watch and then you'll be alerted anytime someone uses the hashtag:)

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'm in for sure. but I dont know how to subscribe to hashtags ( I dont do social media anything) so just watching this thread for now,
Subscribing to the hashtag is REALLY easy. Just click on the hashtag: #R2RSecretSanta and then on the next page click "Watch." This will make sure you get an alert anytime the hashtag is used. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back