Whos Still Reef Keeping in Palm Beach?

cajunreef985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this forum still active? anyone here know where everyone reefing in the Palm Beaches is hiding this is nuts.. former member of pbmas; it was legit there was all kinds of interaction... reefers were down to earth helpful and supportive. And all of a sudden the website was no more... what happened? I remember Daiymo was an officer and i remember being helped when i first joined that group as a noob.. it was also my first frag swap at the club on Congress ave. Nothing in palm beach area now... lmk know if active in palm beach lets start having convos and get active on this forum at least I understand it takes time and money to keep things afloat, and i have the slightest idea on how to maintain something like that but we are such a vast area (Palm Beach and Treasure Coast) we should be able to create something "lite" like this forum just to pass ideas support and just reef convo in general... I miss that about PBMAS

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a handful of us floating around here on R2R.
I’m a transplant from Ohio 3 years ago.
Open to a get together to resurrect something locally.

I’ve noticed some up in Brevard County also and don’t think there’s a club. Maybe a stretch to make a new club with them because of the distance, but definitely the Treasure Coast.

Keiki

AKA LACY ON RC
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't a member since I live in Fort Lauderdale, but PBMAS always had great frag swaps. Buying or selling it was always a really good one
I came across this, but I don't know if anything come out of it.

Iam_Mitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m location in PBC and looking for something local as well. Would love have a regular meeting of the minds.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m up for a get together.
I believe there are others on here that would be interested as well.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Likely moving down to the area in the next few months, any recommendations on LFS? Will probably sell my current display and start over :)

Welcome aboard if you do. I moved to the area 3+ years ago.
Only a couple in the Palm Beach Gardens area; one good one called Aquarium Shop; great livestock and prices, and a very knowledgeable owner. Not sure what he carries for new aquariums but has the contacts.
Lake Worth has a couple: Blue Earth is good, Tanks A Lot is a joke.
Some good ones further south in Boca and Ft Lauderdale.

Iam_Mitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone in need of a Xenia frag? Free. I will put it in a plastic specimen cup in a baggie and leave it outside my office at a specific time to keep our social distancing standards. PM me if interested. I'm located in east Boynton Beach. Just looking to help out in these stressful times.

Jalle237

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I'm new to palm beach county area, came from Orange County. I am new to the hobby and have a waterbox cube 10. still struggling with the hobby but love learning everyday. just wanted to introduce myself to the thread and hopefully can be part of a palm beach coral club.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that Palm Beach County is being paroled starting Monday May 11th, maybe we can find an outdoor spot to meet up.

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a handful of us floating around here on R2R.
I’m a transplant from Ohio 3 years ago.
Open to a get together to resurrect something locally.

I’ve noticed some up in Brevard County also and don’t think there’s a club. Maybe a stretch to make a new club with them because of the distance, but definitely the Treasure Coast.
I’m in brevard and I gotta say there are quite a bit of us. Might need to organize something...

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in brevard and I gotta say there are quite a bit of us. Might need to organize something...

Do you guys have an active club or anything going on? I bought a couple frags off of someone up your way.
To be honest, Palm Beach County is pretty spread out. Those in the southern part of the county seem to align with FMAS. For people in the northern part of the county there isn’t anything.
Some reefers in Port St Lucie area. Almost need a regional group that’s not tied to South Florida.

MelReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys have an active club or anything going on? I bought a couple frags off of someone up your way.
To be honest, Palm Beach County is pretty spread out. Those in the southern part of the county seem to align with FMAS. For people in the northern part of the county there isn’t anything.
Some reefers in Port St Lucie area. Almost need a regional group that’s not tied to South Florida.
From what I know there are no clubs. I always hear about frag swaps but I have never been able to experience one for myself. :(

jaiken1120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers I live in hobe sound and looking for fellow hobbyists to trade with. Have many acros, montis and lps to offer. Looking for zoas.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back