Who's the most excellent person you know? Right now it's Lowell Lemon!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and love the Shedd I used to hang out there while my dad was in medical conventions at McCormick Place. This was back in the days when there was still a private airport on the lakefront and I could watch the planes from the Hotel.

I remember those days well @Lowell Lemon ! I used to fish for salmon right behind the airport, Meigs Field, when they came in to spawn in the fall.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EXCELLENCE IS EARNED !!!!!!

BG420_Z.jpg
Thanks I think I should try to remember that. It might keep me busy and humble. So corvettes eh? What is your favorite? Ships or cars? One should not assume!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We TRIPLE dog dare you!
Oh not the triple dog dare...how does one respond?

I have one planned for the office. Just have to get the HVAC purchased and installed along with Internet to the new space. I already have the idea of getting six or so corals from Battle corals and growing colonies not 50 nubs of some crazy named acro. I love the look of mature colonies that are seen in nature together. So I am going to have that as a goal. 64 gallon Aquamaxx glass in the shop now. Either all in tank Tunze or a sump and refugium. I have saved enough acrylic to build a 120 for the transplant when the corals get larger. I have a Aquatic Life hybrid and two Kessil 360 WE waiting for the build. Then I will have to hire my son to take pictures since I don't want another hobby!

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh not the triple dog dare...how does one respond?

I have one planned for the office. Just have to get the HVAC purchased and installed along with Internet to the new space. I already have the idea of getting six or so corals from Battle corals and growing colonies not 50 nubs of some crazy named acro. I love the look of mature colonies that are seen in nature together. So I am going to have that as a goal. 64 gallon Aquamaxx glass in the shop now. Either all in tank Tunze or a sump and refugium. I have saved enough acrylic to build a 120 for the transplant when the corals get larger. I have a Aquatic Life hybrid and two Kessil 360 WE waiting for the build. Then I will have to hire my son to take pictures since I don't want another hobby!

Sounds excellent!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CONGRATS LEMON!!!!!
Thank you and you must have a day job besides student to keep all those fish in water lol! Not to mention your predilection for fast cars! I just don't remember any place in New York where you can actually let the dogs out to breathe if you know what I mean? I can drive for miles and not see another car somedays! We have a particular stretch of road that is straight and long then several others that will give you all the corners you could desire! Love this area but have to watch out for deer, elk, turkeys, moose, ect. They can ruin a joy ride in an instant!

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and you must have a day job besides student to keep all those fish in water lol! Not to mention your predilection for fast cars! I just don't remember any place in New York where you can actually let the dogs out to breathe if you know what I mean? I can drive for miles and not see another car somedays! We have a particular stretch of road that is straight and long then several others that will give you all the corners you could desire! Love this area but have to watch out for deer, elk, turkeys, moose, ect. They can ruin a joy ride in an instant!
Should stop by Staten Island, Korean Pkwy is empty night time around 12am-1am. its great. straight all the way through, just one underpass houses a cop which is annoying. I do have a day job actually ive got two. I work at home depot as well as at a hospital as a xray tech. I close at home depot usually 6-10pm, and well im at the hospital during the day. Only reason i work at home depot is because ive always had a thing for home depot, so i wanted to try it. lol pretty dumb reason but here we are. As for my taste in cars, i like everything (except subaru and bmw and infinti and ford and MG and Jeep....) but certain companies take my heart which is why i went through those 3 point emblem cars twice now. haha

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Spyder813, My wife just asked me when are you going to put up another aquarium? Since the kids the tanks got smaller and smaller. But just moved the youngest out last weekend. So after we gut his room maybe I can fire up the old acrylic tools and create another monster.
so what we talking here, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 10000? I mean, monster is a word with endless meaning ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot.....maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket I feel so lucky!
I like that, Lucky Lowell Lemon. It had an excellent ring to it.

I know I’m getting old, at least my brain is be cause I’ve been on here a bit and I don’t recall coming across Mr. L. Lemon before today? I don’t think I’ll forget this excellent introduction, (or reintroduce?) going forward. I can hardly wait to see the giant acrylic reboot, but until then congratulations for being excellent on this most excellent reef site.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so what we talking here, 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 10000? I mean, monster is a word with endless meaning ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious

When I say monster it will never get that big! Been there and done that for customers! In the age of nano tanks it seems anything over 150 is getting to monster size. I did build a couple 16'x3'x4' tanks for one company and maintained them for a couple years until I could hand off to a local store. 2" thick acrylic panels...the cost of materials alone has tripled since 1994. I can't even buy the materials for what I sold those tanks for! Tell you what I will build you the monster....what's your dream?

Biggest tank I could see is 8' to 10' since I need to retire some day.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know I’m getting old, at least my brain is be cause I’ve been on here a bit and I don’t recall coming across Mr. L. Lemon before today? I don’t think I’ll forget this excellent introduction, (or reintroduce?) going forward. I can hardly wait to see the giant acrylic reboot, but until then congratulations for being excellent on this most excellent reef site.

You in the Northwest?

Musovski

Soft Coral Enthusiast
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I say monster it will never get that big! Been there and done that for customers! In the age of nano tanks it seems anything over 150 is getting to monster size. I did build a couple 16'x3'x4' tanks for one company and maintained them for a couple years until I could hand off to a local store. 2" thick acrylic panels...the cost of materials alone has tripled since 1994. I can't even buy the materials for what I sold those tanks for! Tell you what I will build you the monster....what's your dream?

Biggest tank I could see is 8' to 10' since I need to retire some day.
my dream build is 30,000 gallons built in a house that is designed around it. lol.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wait no monsters for my I miss spoke! lol! A monster to me now days is over 120 gallons!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back