Why are car dealers shady?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
They are only "stealerships" if you let them get away with it.

I want a NY dealership so I don't have to deal with any DMV bull. They transfer the plates on the spot and I drive out with nothing left to do.

I've bought from NY dealership before (Bayridge Auto and Nostrand (Kings Group) but you have to be ready to walk out the second they start pulling their bull. If you are "fixed" on the car, they'll cash in on it.

Myself and all my co-workers now shop in NJ and another friend said - forget jersey, go to PA for best deals.

OP
OP
T

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going through the same thing right now. I told the dealership that I was only paying for the things I wanted. Anything I didn't want, they take off/out or they give it to me for free.

I got LoJack, which is a GPS tracking system if the car is stolen, Vin Etching (which is the vin number engraved into all of the glass) and door edge guards at no charge.

Then I discovered that they were charging me MSRP for the vehicle. I took back my deposit and walked away.
In the end they just dropped the price of the car equal to the amount of junk they added on. The price was already what I was willing to pay before the add ons so it worked for me.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Not sure about current laws, but previously, if you purchased out of state, you lose your states lemon law protection.

Couple quick searches online would not indicate that being problematic, especially with new vehicles. Most Staten Islanders buy their cars across the bridge and I dont mean the Verazzano

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back