Why are my anemones so small?

BRS

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Its been a week and the anemone is still small but has not fallen off the rocks in 2 weeks. My gsp however really likes the low light. I think that my anemone could be bleached because of how clear and dull its tentacles are. Any idea how to help a bleached anemone?
Good parameters and lighting mixed with time.

BRS
OP
Midasblen

Midasblen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
It’s been a while and the anemone has not fallen off the rock but is still the same in size and tentacle size. Did a water test here are the results:
Alkalinity: 9.9

Calcium:500

Magnesium: 1500+

Nitrate:10-20

Phosphate:0.25-0.5

outhouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
the anemone has not fallen off the rock
Thats a great start, it means your on the right track. Dont be afraid to drop intensity a little more. You N and P are higher then I have ever seen, doesnt matter as much for nems but since they feed on light, mine do great with super clean water. Remember they dont fall off, they purposely let go to get away from the bright intensity. Mine stayed stayed super small for years when I had lights to high, now they are coloring up and reaching for light and many are splitting and many are getting larger not all. But they look happy as a nem can look. I upped my intensity to 10% B and 5% W for a 120W fixture. B for 8 hours and W for 6

OP
Midasblen

Midasblen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Thats a great start, it means your on the right track. Dont be afraid to drop intensity a little more. You N and P are higher then I have ever seen, doesnt matter as much for nems but since they feed on light, mine do great with super clean water. Remember they dont fall off, they purposely let go to get away from the bright intensity. Mine stayed stayed super small for years when I had lights to high, now they are coloring up and reaching for light and many are splitting and many are getting larger not all. But they look happy as a nem can look. I upped my intensity to 10% B and 5% W for a 120W fixture. B for 8 hours and W for 6
ok I will try lowering the lights. Should I try and lower nitrates and phosphates?

outhouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
20210822_205356.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

outhouse

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
those are a few of 130 or so, that are loving low light levels with super clean water. Ive had terrible water in the past and mediocre parameters, but they have never looked happier. im currently doing 100G water changes a month on a 300G system. if you live close enough ill give you a few as you get this nailed down.

BRS

Do you house a "Reef Safe" Angelfish in your reef tank?

• YES and it's going good

Votes: 167 41.4%
  • YES but it's not working out

Votes: 12 3.0%
  • NO I have tried it in the past and it didn't work out

Votes: 35 8.7%
  • NO I haven't tried yet

Votes: 175 43.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 14 3.5%
Omega Sea, LLC