Why are my clownfish swimming like this?

TheOddestLlama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had these two fancy white clowns for about 2 weeks. They have been like this pretty much since they arrived in my tank. They have moments where they are calm and hanging out near their corner, but more often than not, they are behaving like this. They still are eating, and have been eating since I got them. I treated them with 2 doses of PraziPro as I had originally thought they had flukes or some parasite, but at this point I am lost. Water parameters are good, I just did a water change on Monday, and my Benggai Cardinal seems to be doing just fine. I don't know what else to do.

Attachments

• IMG_2412.mov
    7.2 MB

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns don't usually spaz like that. Notice any white stuff on them or coming off of them??

Also, how long has your tank been setup & cycled?

OP
OP
TheOddestLlama

TheOddestLlama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns don't usually spaz like that. Notice any white stuff on them or coming off of them??
Not at all. Oddly enough, they have been mostly calm in their corner since I posted this. One thing I do notice is that they open and close their mouths a lot, but I have plenty of surface agitation, and will turn on an air stone for a couple minutes every so often. Their gills do not seem to be going crazy, however. *Tank has been cycled for a month. I used Fritz Turbo start to get it going, and measured parameters heavily before putting these clowns, and corals in my tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back