Why are my ocellaris clowns acting weird

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I walked past my tank and one of my ocellaris was hosting the bta! I Was in the room for an hour and when I left he went back up to the corner with his mate and slept there, is this a sign of the clownfish building an immunity to the anemone and will he just him soon? It was only one out if the pair the other one stayed in the corner

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I walked past my tank and one of my ocellaris was hosting the bta! I Was in the room for an hour and when I left he went back up to the corner with his mate and slept there, is this a sign of the clownfish building an immunity to the anemone and will he just him soon? It was only one out if the pair the other one stayed in the corner
Clowns do wierd things. If its playing in the nem it is use to the nem. Just wanted be close to its mate

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he was going in it doing whatever they do and leave it but stay really close to it then do it all again
That's what clowns do. My maroon does the same thing

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are weird and there is no telling what they are thinking most of the time. My clowns play in my anemone but still sleep in the cave they have always slept in, could be building immunity or just playing but normally they will sleep together and the dominant fish decides where that is if they are bonded. If the female hosts the nem then they both are likely to

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea
Clownfish are weird and there is no telling what they are thinking most of the time. My clowns play in my anemone but still sleep in the cave they have always slept in, could be building immunity or just playing but normally they will sleep together and the dominant fish decides where that is if they are bonded. If the female hosts the nem then they both are likely to
Yeah, it's the female that was hosting it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back