Why are some of the coolest fish just not available

GraveKone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish like the gulf signal blenny and flaming prawn goby are just never seen on the market although people express interest in them all the time. What makes it that fish like these just are never out there.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think anybody really collects in the Sea of Cortez anymore. All the Passers and Bluespots come from further South now.

What ever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Leapard wrasse, i sold it when i recently took a break but you just don't see them for sale, i doubt that they travel well as is the case with many hard to find fish.

I'm looking for a Leautenant Tang and I'm not comprimising, the perfect mate for my Orange Shoulder.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS gets in leopards all the time now. They didn’t for awhile during early covid but they are back to a regular offering. Heck Divers Den has like four of them up.

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flaming Prawn gobies are seasonal I believe. Usually in the summer (in the states) they pop up fairly frequently but anything larger than a 10 gallon and you’ll probably never see it. I was spoiled with being able to see Quality Marine wholesale lists and you’d be surprised how many awesome fish popped up on that list that you wouldn’t find on websites such as Live Aquaria

sloogan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flaming Prawn gobies are seasonal I believe. Usually in the summer (in the states) they pop up fairly frequently but anything larger than a 10 gallon and you’ll probably never see it. I was spoiled with being able to see Quality Marine wholesale lists and you’d be surprised how many awesome fish popped up on that list that you wouldn’t find on websites such as Live Aquaria
Hate to revive this old thread, I’ve been searching for a fingered dragonet for years. Anyone know where I could potentially get one. The only place that seems promising is Quality marine but I’m not a dealer obviously.

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hate to revive this old thread, I’ve been searching for a fingered dragonet for years. Anyone know where I could potentially get one. The only place that seems promising is Quality marine but I’m not a dealer obviously.
Something like that might pop up on Live Aquaria or Blue Zoo Aquatics. Another option is to go to your LFS (if you have one) and try and order one. You could also try and find a vendor that works with Quality Marine nearby

Danielhortis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something like that might pop up on Live Aquaria or Blue Zoo Aquatics. Another option is to go to your LFS (if you have one) and try and order one. You could also try and find a vendor that works with Quality Marine nearby
Peppermint angel is as rare as it gets. They’re about 20k!
It was heard from the vendors who work with fisherman that this type of fish is highly seasonal, at least in China, it is the case. Locally they are only available in September and October, in Hainan Province.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back