Why are we moving away from wish lists??

Reefer_kano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys/Gals is this really an issue? You can send your person anonymous questions if you need help coming up with ideas, pretty simple really.

Personally, I like the change, it definitely changes the focus, & I'm just happy for anything, no it doesn't have to be fish/coral related.
^^^ exactly
I made a list regarless of the rules, I know im gonna participate and if the person that picked my name doesn't come thru so be it.
Going back and forth about the new rules is a bit petty IMHO
You can contact secretly your matched name and ask that way if you don't feel like digging around, which I get it because I don't have much time my self either.
Just have fun with it and go from there, it ain't that serious.

ScottJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you have time to post here, you prolly have time to leave a few hints in the questioner you filled out, and prolly have time to look at your persons questioner to think about what they may like.

If you're a real geek like me, I have thought about what would be nice to send someone since Halloween. Then I got matched up this morning, and had to do a complete 180 after looking at some of their stuff. No big deal. I think they will like what I have planned.

SpSDrew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Should items be shipped together or can bulky items be shipped directly to the person (from Amazon) ?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am man enough to admit I was wrong, provided you get the right person. In my case, my person that I bought for did not create a list but they are active and the questionaire itself helped a ton and did not spend a whole lot of time looking in depth.

I do apologize though to whomever may have gotten me as the questionaire and my wishlist likely about all you have unless you just want to take a good stab at it. Either way I’ll be appreciative. Merry Christmas everyone. As soon as I receive tracking I’ll let Santa know it’s on its way

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I have missed if anyone else has asked, but I can't figure out how to make a "detailed profile" on elfster? I see basic personal info like my address and making a wish list.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Maybe I have missed if anyone else has asked, but I can't figure out how to make a "detailed profile" on elfster? I see basic personal info like my address and making a wish list.
That's all I'm aware of, and this is my 4th year for the Secret Santa. Maybe they meant the SS questionnaire here on R2R?

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's all I'm aware of, and this is my 4th year for the Secret Santa. Maybe they meant the SS questionnaire here on R2R?

There’s the questionaire. But I think they mean your profile here. Like when it asks about your occupation, social media accounts, the “about me” section etc

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s the questionaire. But I think they mean your profile here. Like when it asks about your occupation, social media accounts, the “about me” section etc
That makes sense. Thanks to you both for helping answer my question!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are we not using that elfster thing again which I don't like cause they spam you to death. I just signed up today I don't even know if I made it in time

Saw somewhere it is open until 12/10, so you made it! Welcome!

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So are we not using that elfster thing again which I don't like cause they spam you to death. I just signed up today I don't even know if I made it in time
I think we are still using it essentially so you can get matched and get the personal info of your match for shipping purposes
Where and how do I find details on secret Santa? Is there a thread
Here’s the sign up thread - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/secret-santa-2022-is-live-register-here.949594/

OP
OP
Santa Claus

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! The questionnaire was expanded this year to give your Secret Santas more help in coming up with ideas.
Hmm...we actually didn't even think about the user profile, but if you did that, I'm sure that would help your Secret Santa as well. We were mostly hoping that people would find all the info they needed from the questionnaire and perhaps their recipient's build thread and other posts.
This will be my fourth year are we not using the elfster
We are, but only requiring it for matching. If we could get away from Elfster altogether, I wouldn't be upset. :D However, it's currently the easiest way (in a group this large) to match people and provide shipping info while keeping everything private.
I think we are still using it essentially so you can get matched and get the personal info of your match for shipping purposes

Here’s the sign up thread - https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/secret-santa-2022-is-live-register-here.949594/
This exactly!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back