Why choose TRITON Lab testing over others?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When deciding which company to employ for testing your water parameters there is now several options. If choosing the original and most experienced isn't reason enough you may want to ask yourself if any of the following criteria are important to you...
TRITON LAB COMP 2_1.png

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I do because they’re very easy to read and Triton offers corrective action also. I hated the delays and turnaround time for results but understand they have recently begun testing at their California facility for US customers

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I just sent another sample yesterday. Under the new US location, will see how long this one takes

nsuderman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used triton but I may once their price becomes competitive. When they were the only show around, they could charge whatever they want and people would pay it. Now that there is competition we will see what the service is truly worth. I admit my icp tests dont come with advice which would be nice, but I cant justify the added cost. This is an expensive hobby, but I'm into using my money where it can have the greatest benefit.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never used triton but I may once their price becomes competitive. When they were the only show around, they could charge whatever they want and people would pay it. Now that there is competition we will see what the service is truly worth. I admit my icp tests dont come with advice which would be nice, but I cant justify the added cost. This is an expensive hobby, but I'm into using my money where it can have the greatest benefit.

What is your current cost if I may ask?
I have never checked the other companys pricing.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When deciding which company to employ for testing your water parameters there is now several options. If choosing the original and most experienced isn't reason enough you may want to ask yourself if any of the following criteria are important to you...
TRITON LAB COMP 2_1.png
Thank you for the breakdown.

I just used Triton with their new facility. I dropped the test off at the post office early last Wednesday, had the results that Sunday, so about 4 days total. Triton received it Friday. If that helps anyone, it was pretty fast.

Since we have you, if it's not inappropriate to ask, we never heard back from you on the forum below.

Thanks in advance - I use and love Triton so far.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the breakdown.

I just used Triton with their new facility. I dropped the test off at the post office early last Wednesday, had the results that Sunday, so about 4 days total. Triton received it Friday. If that helps anyone, it was pretty fast.

Since we have you, if it's not inappropriate to ask, we never heard back from you on the forum below.

Thanks in advance - I use and love Triton so far.
Thanks for the support and bump on the other thread. I will get back to you on the Algae question over on that other thread.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the support and bump on the other thread. I will get back to you on the Algae question over on that other thread.
I appreciate it. I'm sure you get a lot of comments and questions.

I forgot to add, when I ordered the Triton Test Kit from @Bulk Reef Supply , it already came with the free shipping. Thank you, Triton, for adding that - it was a nice touch.

Blithespirit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot fault them for timing in the UK, posted water Monday results Wednesday afternoon online, I have not used any other to be honest but I like I get advice and insight, easy to read and understand and allows me to remedy if needed quite quickly. I do not justify of money alone, value is always in there.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it true that ati icp test does test for the same and more things tho ? I agree it’s a longer turn around but ati also gives you extra tube to test your RODI water at the same time. They also include free shipping. And give suggestions for any peramiter that is out of range...so I’m not sure I say triton is the best and the price is about 40$. Ati turn around was 12 days

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @Julian@Triton, do you guys think you'll ever offer a subscription service for testing? Maybe at a discounted rate if someone decides they want to do testing monthly?

Not at this time but it is something that I will discuss with Ehsan for the future.

We do have a range of exciting new upgrades coming to our existing ICP and N-DOC lab testing which will add even greater value our service so hopefully you enjoy these changes.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at this time but it is something that I will discuss with Ehsan for the future.

We do have a range of exciting new upgrades coming to our existing ICP and N-DOC lab testing which will add even greater value our service so hopefully you enjoy these changes.
That's exciting. Are you able to share when we'll get to learn about these new upgrades?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn’t it true that ati icp test does test for the same and more things tho ? I agree it’s a longer turn around but ati also gives you extra tube to test your RODI water at the same time. They also include free shipping. And give suggestions for any peramiter that is out of range...so I’m not sure I say triton is the best and the price is about 40$. Ati turn around was 12 days
No comment on this....I only question this cause is triton the best ? Says who ?triton ....I just started to do icp tests and did not choose triton for my reasons stated above . Am I missing something ? If turn around time is the only thing triton has I understand that being a huge reason. But this hobby is not for the impatient anyways.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No comment on this....I only question this cause is triton the best ? Says who ?triton ....I just started to do icp tests and did not choose triton for my reasons stated above . Am I missing something ? If turn around time is the only thing triton has I understand that being a huge reason. But this hobby is not for the impatient anyways.
Based on what you wrote above, the only difference between the two is ATI offers RODI testing, too.

Triton has free shipping and gives feedback on what should be altered to match sea water. I found Triton's feedback interface easier to use, but that's personal preference. They do not, however, at the time of writing this, test RODI at the same time. Maybe that's a future upgrade?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on what you wrote above, the only difference between the two is ATI offers RODI testing, too.

Triton has free shipping and gives feedback on what should be altered to match sea water. I found Triton's feedback interface easier to use, but that's personal preference. They do not, however, at the time of writing this, test RODI at the same time. Maybe that's a future upgrade?
Ati tests 43 peramiters how many does triton test?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to find that info and all I find is triton as of few years ago did not test salinity and alk and nitrates. Not sure if that has changed since. Then to ur gunna say those 3 can be easily tested at home. Well let me give you my Scenario when got back results from ati found they read my salinity at 31 but I test at 35 this was due to my calibration solution being bad. If I used triton I would not have found this . There would be no other way for me to have found this out besides stumbling on this if possibly a friend took a frag from me and tested it at his house to find it off. After correcting salinity my corals obviously thrived weeks to come. So just because these 3 are things can easily be tested at home ATI testing them is what brought it to my attention. And why would you not want nitrate tested or alk at very least it gives you opertunity to double check it with your own tests to insure they are accurate. I will continue to look till I find how many perimeters triton tests

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 123 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.7%
Back