Why cleaning the glass makes my sand clean?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just cleaned my glass and the effect was immediate. Is it not the fact that the filtered light through dirty glass makes the sand look worse?
i wonder the same thing. I wonder a brighter light makes things look cleaner.

damselindistress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bare bottom tank but have noticed this same phenomenon - I'll clean my glass and the next day when I get in from work I'm like "whoa" the reef fairy has been by and sprinkled a dash of ON POINT in my tank :D I always assumed it was just the cleaner glass making it look better but maybe there's actually something scientific and quantifiable going on ;Happy

JVU

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first step would be to look at/photo your tank from the top (rather than through the glass) before and after a glass cleaning. Either by turning off the flow or using one of the those water surface viewing portals.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%

Back