why does my shroom sleep like this??

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this guy is weird!! sometimes he just looks like a thumb or he’s asleep like a normal mushroom. does it mean anything??

59FC9284-3293-4AFF-B120-468B94D935F0.jpeg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it might be reaching for the light or being blown too much by flow. You could try moving it around to see if it settles down and flattens out. Good news is mushrooms are very hardy so no big worry.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a mushroom? Looks more like a toadstool in my opinion. Do you have a picture of it in the light?
Most do it for protection in the absence of light, similar for toadstools. Mine leans to one side like its wilting, the then is right back to itself when the lights come on. It’s normal behavior for both species.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
It is toadstool and they tend to fold when its dark, After about an hour of light, they perk right up

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like it might be reaching for the light or being blown too much by flow. You could try moving it around to see if it settles down and flattens out. Good news is mushrooms are very hardy so no big worry.
well this is when the lights go off at night and when i wake up early morning. he’s nice and open during the day but i do have the wavemaker a little stronger at night to do some janitorial stuff although i did move him to the complete opposite end so i guess he’s just being a shroom hahaha

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a mushroom? Looks more like a toadstool in my opinion. Do you have a picture of it in the light?
Most do it for protection in the absence of light, similar for toadstools. Mine leans to one side like its wilting, the then is right back to itself when the lights come on. It’s normal behavior for both species.
it’s not a toadstool hahahahaah he just wants to be one, it’s a bounce shroom xD my toadstool actually does this too and it looks like an alien i just thought it was funny because my other shroom doesn’t do it yet he is 15x smaller

OP
OP
lazycouch

lazycouch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is toadstool and they tend to fold when its dark, After about an hour of light, they perk right up
here he is when he’s not trying to morph into a thumb at night ;Woot

A3D293A9-6A3A-45D9-ACAB-8A92F2C1C08D.jpeg

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine mostly shrink up tight at night. When they act weird, I tend to notice babies not too long after. I don’t have any fancy shrooms though, just normal ones.

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a picture of my shooms this evening and respond to the post. Both my St Thomas and ricordia mushrooms exhibit behavior similar. As I said before they do this as a sleep/defense or when they've caught food. Either way the mushroom is doing what it's supposed to do. Great looking piece!!! Interesting shape your caught it in that's for sure

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Frank bounce does that at night. He's too big to fully close. Its funny when he does he still has bubbles popping out everywhere. Nice shroom.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 30 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back