Why doesn't R2R have a TOTM section as good as RC did?

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a while ago but yes, the old TOTM articles were a great source of info and inspiration. They have feature tanks here but not quite like the early full on feature articles on RC back in the day.

John08007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who did the write up at RC, maybe they are here now, who knows. I also don't know how the voting worked but it would be cool to maybe give a 6mo or 1 yr membership here if you get totm.

OP
OP
Ashish Patel

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who did the write up at RC, maybe they are here now, who knows. I also don't know how the voting worked but it would be cool to maybe give a 6mo or 1 yr membership here if you get totm.

The write ups where done by the TOTM winners. They probably where just asked to fill out 10 or so question in details and share pictures. R2R has a very good infrastructure so they can definate do a better job than RC did. For example, I never got where ppl voted for TOTM. They could get thousands of member to vote for maybe 20 finalist per month same way they do the polling

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank GIF

Here ya go!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys! We actually used to do this a while back. Here is the link to the forum where those were posted: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-aquarium-spotlight.329/

We've talked about bringing those back from time to time, but honestly, it's a LOT of work to put together and we did often have issues trying to get the information submitted (as @AZMSGT pointed out). Still, this might be something we'd entertain bringing back if the community wanted it.

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about “tank showcase”? Highlight those amazing/unique systems. Less push to keep to the deadline. If two come together at once, bonus. Just a thought.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back