Why don’t online venders show pictures of colonies?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support all these find vendors to help keep the hobby shops open! It's a Reefer's primary duty after water changes.

Episode 7 Duty GIF by PBS

Maybe when they show a second pic of the coral without all the neon blue background, then they can have some support from me. I don’t run a heavy blue tank for the majority of the day so I can’t see what the coral will look like if all they show is heavy blue.

I suppose it is the same as a person who wants to see a colony.

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why don’t coral venders like wwc show more pictures of colonies with their wysiwyg frags? They have a million different frags for sale that I have never heard of. Is anybody buying coral frags based on what these tiny photoshopped frags look like? Most of these frags have entirely different colors than the colony will. Sometimes you can find the colony pictures online but it is a pain, half the time there are no pictures, and it is hard to tell sometimes if the pictures you find online are that exact coral colony. It would be so much easier if they just took a picture of the mother colony and posted with the frag picture. I would probably buy way more coral.
I bolded the reason. You had the answer the whole time.

It's hard to sell the "super rainbow ultra snot rocket acro" when only the tips have the rainbow color, and the rest is just green.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 18 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back