why is every aquaforest stuff on clearance sale ?

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by reefaboo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. reefaboo

reefaboo Well-Known Member

Aquaforest is going away ?? o_O

Tags:

2. ChiCity

ChiCity Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

It's the most complicated line in the reefing hobby, I'm not surprised

BigJohnny likes this.
  3. G8rNation

G8rNation Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

I just bought a box of salt last week. Wish I would of waited for the sale

4. HeadStrongGrafx

HeadStrongGrafx Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

junk. I was very disappointed in it. Just like anything new that hits the hobby, it sells like hotcakes until people actually see it isn't any better than whats already out there and the company slowly fades away.. they made their money off me cause i was one that wanted to try it, wish i hadn't.

5. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Lol...nope they are going nowhere.....;)

BigJohnny and jsker like this.
  6. colonelcoral

colonelcoral Well-Known Member

Where's the clearance sale?

7. radiata

radiata Well-Known Member NJRC Member

Sounds like Fake News.

Denvercherub likes this.
  8. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

why is everyone hating on it so much? geeze. can't they just have a sale?

9. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

stscream4187 and radiata like this.
  10. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I think it's the use of "clearance" that is making people question the future of Aquaforest, not so much that a sale is going on.

Ldballoon4 and radiata like this.
  11. Fishmanz

Fishmanz Well-Known Member

Fading into the the ole reefing fad syndrome, you see people here in r2r basically giving it away in sale threads.

12. Anirban

Its not going anywhere....its slowing down because it has build quite a good base here. Its coming up with more products related to coral and fish food. Its not complicated but need initial guidance. It follows the basic complete balling system and thats all you need. If you want to follow the probiotic system thats your wish.....simple.;)

13. Salty1962

Salty1962 Wrasse and SPS Lover R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Ldballoon4 likes this.
  14. Pittsford_Pets

Pittsford_Pets Well-Known Member

On BRS it says like 600g of salt for 8.99, is that 600 gallons worth of salt? No idea what this is so don't judge me

GoPitt88 likes this.
  15. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

No. If you click the additional info tab on BRS it will show you which each container makes in gallons. So for example the Probiotic salt is listed as:

• 10 kg Bucket - Makes up to 65 gallons*
    • 22 kg Bucket - Makes up to 145 gallons*
    • 25 kg Box - Makes up to 170 gallons*

Pittsford_Pets likes this.
  16. Kayvon

Kayvon Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

It looks like a 3 part Balling method system + Zeovit-like system. I think they're trying to be the all-in-one ultra-low nutrient system unlike Zeovit alone.

17. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Imho Aquaforest makes great products. I think folks just don't take the time to read and understand how to use some of them. This I'm sure is one of the main reasons they started making videos on YouTube so people can understand what you are doing .

Aquaforest is not a magic pill. It's not fast , it's not a miracle in a bottle, it doesn't mean you can through your patience out the window. I have used their products for close to 2 years and I've had great success. I took the time to read, understand and ask questions when I started. I've been reefing for 18 years and I've seen a lot come and go. Aquaforest is not one of them. They make some of the best products I've ever used.

I think sometimes people see the unbelievable Aquaforest tanks and think " wow this is the magic pill" but let me tell you. Aquaforest Products will get you there but you need to understand UNLS and how they work. You need to understand your corals, and their reactions. UNLS isn't for everyone and it takes dedication and hard work. Nothing magic about that.

So in summary I'll say Aquaforest is the most affordable, and consistent products I've used. That's 18 years worth of experience talking.... but hey what do I know?

[​IMG]

drawman, Ldballoon4, sever10 and 7 others like this.
  18. Mr.Rocc

Mr.Rocc Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Im with @120reefkeeper! These products work great for my tank! If you go into knowing its a European company and everything is in grams or meters then prepare for that and read. If you enjoy "plug and play" then no some of you are correct, this would be "complicated". BUT!!! that does not make these products garbage.

Ldballoon4 and 120reefkeeper like this.
  19. Anirban

You almost got it. AF is basically 3 different steps.
    1. To maintain mineral balance it uses full balling method and is independent of any probiotic method. This can be customised into Ca reactor based method or just pure 3 part component dosing.
    2. To maintain ULNS you can use their probiotic line of products and again its independent of their full balling method.
    3. To fine tune any of the upper system you can use zeolites and their other line of products but they are not necessary.
    So, in short its fully customisable and depends on the user to choose which part of the system they wish to use or they can use all three together.

jsker and 120reefkeeper like this.
  20. Antics

I stocked up on some more Probiotic salt. I was running out. :)

120reefkeeper likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted