why is every aquaforest stuff on clearance sale ?

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by reefaboo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I stocked up on some more Probiotic salt. I was running out. :)

120reefkeeper likes this.

2. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yup, I grabbed two more buckets of Reef Salt, since it's on sale!

3. Xclusive Reef

Xclusive Reef Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

what is so complicated about it?

Ldballoon4 likes this.
  4. Xclusive Reef

600 grams give you 4 cups of salt.

5. Biggles

Biggles Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

A monkey wearing a blindfold could use the AF system, it's about as easy to use as a system gets. I'd love to see FTS's from both the guys who are clueless about keeping high end SPS colors, after that i will show you what my AF SPS display looks like - once my pet monkey finishes doing the daily AF dosing for me............

If you want to make rude, ignorant posts about something i know works you better be prepared to show me the money. I want to see why anyone should listen to a single word either of you guys say when it comes to reef keeping. You both made the statements so explain to all of us that have had tremendous success using the AF products why you know better.

I look forward to seeing a pictorial demonstration of the reefing prowess behind the AF slagging posts, should be eye catching stuff :)

Ldballoon4, acesq and tj w like this.
  6. TerraFerma

TerraFerma Well-Known Member

What exactly is probiotic salt? Probiotic infers it contains live microorganisms that in one way or the other benefit animals or plants. Not saying their salt don't have it but stuffing a bunch of probiotic microorganisms into a bucket of salt...in theory that would kill them all. Does the salt come with a separate packet of probiotic microorganisms?

7. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Well-Known Member

Lolz, are ecotech and skimz going out of business too? There's a sale on those also... Just saying o_O

Ldballoon4 and Braves Fan like this.
  8. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I also use the Probiotic Reef salt. Awesome stuff!

Here is some info for you about it. Pretty cool invention.

http://aquaforest.eu/en/product/probiotic-reef-salt/

9. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

According to Aquaforest's website:

"Probiotic bacteria contained in the salt reduce the content of nitrates and phosphates, and prevents the growth of pathogenic bacteria In the marine aquarium."

But to be honest... I just like the look of the bucket. :p;)
    To be fair to OP the Aquaforest "sale" is advertised as a clearance, which typically means it is being discontinued and gone permanently from a vendor.

DSC reef likes this.
  10. Fishhands

Fishhands Well-Known Member

Sometimes "clearance" is just a way to sell off stock before it expires. The place is BULK Reef Supply. Surely you understand they buy in bulk as well. Only Twinkies never go bad.

Ldballoon4 likes this.
  11. Antics

Still would be just as effective to call it a sale. The word clearance has a specific meaning. In addition, there have been numerous posts about "upcoming" Aquaforest products such as their new line of foods. These new additions in conjunction with a clearance of old products leads one to assume the product line is changing in a significant way. At the very least, its much more likely that products are being sold because lines are discontinued than because all of their products coincidentally are about to expire.

DSC reef, Potatohead and Fishhands like this.
  12. Potatohead

Potatohead Well-Known Member

The only other explanation is if BRS is the only vendor with the sale (I haven't checked), they could simply be dropping the product line.

Antics likes this.
  13. coltrame

coltrame Well-Known Member

Have You ever seen zeovit or triton method?
    That's complicated!

In my opinion if someone has problems with AF he will have problems with anything else.

Biggles likes this.
  14. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Why do you think that putting bacteria in a bucket of salt will kill them? Bacteria can survive much harsh condition than that. Also its not just bacteria it contains lyophillized vitamin and amino acids too.

sever10 likes this.
  15. andrew james

andrew james Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I use only use thier Comp 123 these days but I love it. Comp 123 and food is all my tank needs for really good looking corals. I really like that it keeps a balance of all the elements. I has really simplified things and I would hate to see it go. In fact I just bought about a years worth off BRS, just in case their is a reason for the sale.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    GoVols likes this.
  16. ChiCity

ChiCity Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Well aren't you opinionated

DSC reef likes this.
  17. DSC reef

DSC reef Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I don't think thats a fair statement. Aquaforest has great products with a large following. Some people have problems including me with figuring out dosing, even my LFS that sells it gets confused sometimes. Anirban is more than helpful in that area on this forum. I get confused with red sea dosing as well, doesn't mean I'm incompetent in my reefing skills or anybody else who gets confused with how to dose some company's products.

Lovemyreef2015 and ChiCity like this.
  18. DSC reef

DSC reef Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

I think people can have opinions on products, if anything this post is the only one being rude. I happen to like aqua forest products but I had a hard time figuring it out as well. I guess I'm not as good as a blindfolded monkey........

19. Xclusive Reef

There is YouTube that will show someone how to do anything you looking for. I mean anything.... 120reefkeeper put put an excellent video on comp 123 and how to mix it. Then start at 30 ml and adjust as needed from there. Everything else is pretty much 1 drop per 27 gallons of water to something like that . I don't see how this is complicated...either you like it or you don't, if you don't move on to whatever else you gonna dose. At the end of the day they are ALL the same thing! You will still need to mix and calculate solutions.

20. Biggles

Biggles Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

It was supposed to sound exactly the way you interpreted it mate and it wasn't directed at you so i'm sorry if the blindfolded monkey reference offended you.
    If, when you were having a hard time figuring out the Aquaforst method, you had posted on here that it was because the products were junk and or that it was because it's the most complicated method in the hobby - you would have copped a spray as well.

To sum it up - ' A poor tradesman always blames his tools '

acesq and DSC reef like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted