why is every aquaforest stuff on clearance sale ?

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by reefaboo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Dr.HarlemTutu

Dr.HarlemTutu Well-Known Member

Great product. I use some of them. A store near me told me that they have had a hard time keeping product in the store because of distribution so they are not going to carry any more. Perhaps the company simply can not fill the orders so they need to back off and sell in fewer markets.

2. ChiCity

ChiCity Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

Cheeky, but grossly inaccurate because all you had to spew were more opinions; but opinions aren't facts.

Toodles

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Biggles likes this.
  3. GoVols

GoVols GRUMORS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Component 1+ 2+ 3+ is a wonderful product!!!
    And if you do it right, it will come out to three even doses.
    Comes at a great price point too.

:)

4. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

All this because of a sale lol

ITS A SALE FOLKS! Lol

5. Anirban

Anirban Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Lol quite a discussion here .....by the way Triton products are on sale too so possibly they are going away too....;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
    I helped quite a few people to standardise the dosing process and there is no trick or magic in it. But patience and observation. When people say oh its a crappy product I generally ask them the issue and always found they were not doing it in a right way. There is a thread here where I helped someone to get it standardise and it took me more than a month and few hundreds posts. But that guy trusted me blindly and when after setting the doses I explained it he was surprised to see how simple it was. Just like 2 parts or calcium reactor this also needs a bit of observation and correction in dosing amount but people generally get impatient. This is not a magic product line its science so you need to observe, test, dose and repeat the process till you get there. If you face problem then ask for help and try to understand the method instead of just saying that it doesn't work.

120reefkeeper, DSC reef and GoVols like this.
  6. GoVols

GoVols GRUMORS R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I don't think Aquaforest is going anywhere and I'd pile up while I had the chance.
    Those are better prices then when it hit the US.

Comp 1+ 2+ 3+ @ $37.49... Load up the pickup truck :D

Absolutely the best dosing product that I ever used with my Apex DOS pumps!!!

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Peter K, 120reefkeeper and DSC reef like this.
  7. andrew james

andrew james Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

I've been using it about a year now up to only 46ml per day and I occasionally need to add some extra Mg to the tank but that's it. Not sure why my Mg seems to drop roughly 25ppm per month. Ca and dKH are both very steady.

jsker, 120reefkeeper and GoVols like this.
  8. GoVols

Adding mag from time to time is perfectly normal for any reef.
    I'm hitting a coralline algae spurt at the moment and I'm having to dose alot more mag "every week" to keep up the the coralline spurt.

120reefkeeper likes this.
  9. chefjpaul

chefjpaul Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

Umm.....why not ask?

@RyanBRS
    @randyBRS

I assume it's an over inventory clearance, or they are dropping the product line, I hope they don't, as I utilize AF products and purchase all from BRS.

Antics likes this.
  10. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Or people could stop being obtuse in referencing OP's original question. Obviously the word clearance suggests something is happening. It's not an ordinary sale. People are pointing out other products as being on sale like OP is a moron for seeking clarification when BRS specifically used the word CLEARANCE for a reason. It might be due to them restructuring their position with Aquaforest. It might be because new product lines are coming out. It might just be a misunderstanding. But OP's question is not unfounded.

reefaboo, DSC reef, chefjpaul and 2 others like this.
  11. GoVols

Agree
    It's a fair question for BRS to clarify.

DSC reef, chefjpaul and Mallard like this.
  12. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I now use/dose a little Mg+ and I now have my Mg under control. Mine was always dropping and this solved my drops.;)

13. Scubabum

Scubabum Well-Known Member

I love Aquaforest products. I contacted BRS this morning and they are discontinuing carrying the Aguaforest product line. Aquaforest is not going anywhere. Just have to find another Vendor to purchase from.

jsker, 120reefkeeper and Antics like this.
  14. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I wonder why BRS decided to drop the product line.

jsker likes this.
  15. Scubabum

Scubabum Well-Known Member

I asked the Rep and they said they were looking to downsize some of their products. Not sure why they chose to get rid of AquaForest. Rather disappointing to me. I order most of my AquaForest products from BRS... Looks like Saltwater aquariums will get my business now.

jsker and 120reefkeeper like this.
  16. Potatohead

Potatohead Well-Known Member

Triton.

17. chipmunkofdoom2

chipmunkofdoom2 Well-Known Member

Slightly off-topic... has anybody noticed the double asterisks in some posts? I think people are abbreviating Aqua Forest using the first two characters, AF (an A followed by an F). I think R2R is assuming this is the colloquialism "*adjective* as f***," and censoring it.

EDIT: Yep, just tested it above. I typed an A followed by an F, and R2R turned it into two asterisks.

jsker and GoVols like this.
  18. sever10

sever10 Well-Known Member

Aquaforest is not going anywhere. Aquaforest was the platinum sponsor of MACNA 2017 to disappear from US market ... ? It's does not make any sense for me :)
    Aquaforest will be more and more present in US market (if you will still want to buy Aquaforest products :) ).
    Now these products are available and distributing in almost 70 countries...
    Here a video about Aquaforest...

19. sever10

sever10 Well-Known Member

And really sorry for these that did not have a chance to profite the "clearance" ... it's over now ... but I assure you in regular prices it's still very competitive and great products ;)

jsker, GoVols, Biggles and 1 other person like this.
  20. Kyl

Kyl Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

[​IMG]
    MAP hammer coming down

Draft saved Draft deleted