why is every aquaforest stuff on clearance sale ?

Discussion in 'Aquaforest' started by reefaboo, Sep 14, 2017.

1. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I love the fact that Aquaforest has taken the stance of supporting LFS.

jsker and DSC reef like this.

2. Slicktop

Slicktop Well-Known Member R2R Supporter

That's disappointing that BRS is discontinuing Aquaforest line of products. Its kinda scary to see ebay and Amazon as well. I have been using Aquaforest products for over a year now with good results. I have stocked up and hopefully I will still be able to buy these products online.

jsker likes this.
  3. Piranhapat

Piranhapat Well-Known Member

Wonder if Doctor Foster will stop selling it. I get Aqua Forest sea salt from them. Especially now they added they own salt. Pretty interesting because you don't paid for shipping. These salt are usually 50lbs. That's why these company's need a distributor. Saves a lot of money.

4. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Nice to see Aquaforest supporting LFS but I imagine this will limit the number of people likely to use the product. Not sure how many stores will stock a premium line when Red Sea likely fills that void for the average consumer and markup on Seachem/Aquavitro makes it the better choice for pushing. Instant ocean will remain a staple especially with their focus on LFS too.

Assuming BRS is actually dropping the line and that email from Deepwater one can only assume there was some type of bait and switch or disagreement on pricing that made BRS wash their hands of it.

I've been buying AquaForest products since Deepwater began distributing them.

jsker likes this.
  5. sever10

sever10 Well-Known Member

BRS is not discontinuing Aquaforest. It's in offer
    https://aquarium.bulkreefsupply.com/search?w=aquaforest

Thank you for your support. You don't need to worry. Products will be more and more available in US

Biggles, 120reefkeeper and jsker like this.
  6. Ryanbrs

Ryanbrs Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Platinum Sponsor

Sorry for the late response. We will continue to stock the AF line and it has had a great following with great reports by the end users. There were some significant challenges with distribution which caused us to make a business decision to discontinue the line. The teams involved have passionately demonstrated their commitment to solving those issues and we look forward to a bright future : )

kinetic, Tristren, Biggles and 4 others like this.
  7. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Not worried at all, I have been using the product for 1.75 years with great results and I am quite sure I will be able to source the product when I need it.

8. Antics

Antics Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thanks for the response @Ryanbrs

Looks like your negotiations profited a nice sale for some of us!

:D

120reefkeeper likes this.
  9. M007

M007 Well-Known Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg ;Happy;Happy
    100% bang on! The Probiotic salt got me interested, took 2 months. Comp 1-2-3 got me excited, 4 months, the supplements qualify me as a share holder, 10 months. My 5 year, 4 month mixed reef has never looked better ;Happy (Ignore the net;))

sever10, Biggles and 120reefkeeper like this.
  10. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thank you ! Cheers!

11. M007

M007 Well-Known Member

No problem. I suspect the reason it takes time is because with Aqua Forest the user is implementing a regime that builds a healthy reef opposed to torturing corals to produce weird coloration which in my opinion is not sustainable long term. I prefer a nice, healthy mixed reef with interesting fish vs. a "dominated " tank of one species. Aqua Forest products have thus far have helped me achieve that so I'm happy. Other reefers prefer something different and that's totally OK too. Beauty in the eye of the beholder as the saying goes :)

bif24701, sever10 and Biggles like this.
  12. chefjpaul

chefjpaul Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

[​IMG]

120reefkeeper likes this.
  13. 120reefkeeper

This is a Quote from Deepwater the distributor of Aquaforest products.

"The Aquaforest product line will be available from all Brick and Mortar retail stores across the US. It is positioned in multiple distributors which service LFS stores across the entire US. The product line is also available from authorized e-commerce dealers. Currently: Bulk Reef Supply, SaltwaterAquarium.com and Premium Aquatics. All of these e-commerce providers offer free shipping and customer support during and after the sale. Aquaforest will continue to produce quality imported products into the US at great prices and will continue its position as the leader in this industry."

End Quote:

chefjpaul and Biggles like this.
  14. Ldballoon4

Ldballoon4 Member

Yep, got my new order coming this week from BRS- Aquaforest ( I was in the first wave of BRS clearance sale :cool:)

sever10 likes this.
  15. tommyhere

tommyhere Well-Known Member

Aquaforest rules! Great salt

120reefkeeper and sever10 like this.
  16. chefjpaul

chefjpaul Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Partner Member 2018

[​IMG]

17. 120reefkeeper

lol it's like gold!

GoVols and chefjpaul like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted