Why is my foxface so stressed all of the sudden?

ajshepherd17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this foxface for about a little over a month so not that old but ever since I’ve got him he’s been very chill and comes out when I feed but all of the sudden it’s changed. Every time I look over he is pacing the tank and going up and down the glass for hours. When i go near the tank he dang near jumps out of the tank and smashes the glass. It’s a Red Sea 350 and it’s a one spot fox face about 3”. Anyone have any tips or is this just normal for a foxface

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any major changes in temps or parameters recently. Foxfaces are normally skittish but if it was fairly mellow before and now is "edgy" I'd be looking at params & possible changes recently.

OP
OP
ajshepherd17

ajshepherd17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any major changes in temps or parameters recently. Foxfaces are normally skittish but if it was fairly mellow before and now is "edgy" I'd be looking at params & possible changes recently.
Nothing has changed other than increased feedings to try and raise nitrates

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’ve had this foxface for about a little over a month so not that old but ever since I’ve got him he’s been very chill and comes out when I feed but all of the sudden it’s changed. Every time I look over he is pacing the tank and going up and down the glass for hours. When i go near the tank he dang near jumps out of the tank and smashes the glass. It’s a Red Sea 350 and it’s a one spot fox face about 3”. Anyone have any tips or is this just normal for a foxface
Foxface in general are skittish and spook easily. The video shows a typical foxface- Playing with its reflection,

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had my one spot in qt it did the swimming up and down like yours (can’t see the vid on my phone) but it worried me too but then realized it’s just fighting it’s reflection. Died down once it was in the display tank but still doesn’t eat nori.

NefariousPillow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Foxface settled into the tank very quickly, but I think the only reason that was the case was because he immediately began to pal around with my Melanarus. The two were inseparable initially, but when my wrasse passed, that's when the Foxface started acting spooked for the first time. He's slowly begun to settle down again, but he's still not as confident as he was before.

Back