Why not 1 week of copper QT?

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure this is wrong but I forgot the reason. This was my line of thought: Ich stays on the fish for only a couple of days and then falls off to form a cyst. In addition, copper kills any free floating forms of the parasite so re-infection in copper shouldn't be possible. If so, why not keep fish for one week in copper QT and then transfer to a clean tank? Why is that not sufficient?

Cheers!

OP
OP
KGV

KGV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you trying to minimize copper exposure to fish?
No, reducing the time spent on my QT tank. Right now, I do the recommended 1 month of chelated copper and 2 weeks of copper-less observation.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, reducing the time spent on my QT tank. Right now, I do the recommended 1 month of chelated copper and 2 weeks of copper-less observation.

Might I recommend TTM.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tomont, resting stage can remain viable for 45+ days. Copper only kills the theront stage, so that’s why 30 days is typical. Why rush quarantine? You can still enjoy your new fish while they are there(grin).
Jay

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back