why not sell on Amazon?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1652844009571.png

This question is very acute and I think it's worth mentioning. Amazon is the number one shopping platform in the world, so why not sell on Amazon?
Because Amazon will deduct a 15% commission then will cause the price to increase by 15%. So buying at Noopsychereeflight.com is the best deal.

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping to EU countries, i guess people can expect import duties or do you handle those taxes at checkout?
Companies like Aliexpres handle those taxes nowadays, so no surprise extra costs at the door.

OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shipping to EU countries, i guess people can expect import duties or do you handle those taxes at checkout?
Companies like Aliexpres handle those taxes nowadays, so no surprise extra costs at the door.
Few customers feedback that they have to pay taxes.. is there are someone encounters a situation where they pay taxes?

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1652844009571.png

This question is very acute and I think it's worth mentioning. Amazon is the number one shopping platform in the world, so why not sell on Amazon?
Because Amazon will deduct a 15% commission then will cause the price to increase by 15%. So buying at Noopsychereeflight.com is the best deal.
I'd rather order directly from your site

Sleeping Giant

Proud Canadian Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few customers feedback that they have to pay taxes.. is there are someone encounters a situation where they pay taxes?
I had to pay duty and tax, it wasn't much and still less than what Amazon would add to the bill if listed there

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy on Amazon because Nobody gets close to providing the service they provide.
This.

I'd absolutely be willing to (and often do) pay a couple bucks more to have amazon backing a purchase. I've had way too many issues with small reef vendors.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy on Amazon because Nobody gets close to providing the service they provide.
The flip side of this is I refuse to buy anything through Amazon. Far too many times I have received returns/seconds/copies of what I ordered. Amazon is shady. If they sold their lights on Amazon the rest of us would have to pay more as well because Amazon would never accept that the same article can be purchased for less directly.

I buy direct whenever possible as I am not a fan of having a half dozen markups for the various levels of distribution.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The flip side of this is I refuse to buy anything through Amazon. Far too many times I have received returns/seconds/copies of what I ordered. Amazon is shady. If they sold their lights on Amazon the rest of us would have to pay more as well because Amazon would never accept that the same article can be purchased for less directly.

I buy direct whenever possible as I am not a fan of having a half dozen markups for the various levels of distribution.
I generally price check. I've found Amazon to almost always be cheaper. Especially when you factor in shipping.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There's literally thousands, if not millions, of items on Amazon where Amazon is higher than buying direct. Amazon doesn't care.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suppose that's true but has not been my experience.
I can post links if you want. I mean, I can show you links on Amazon of the same product selling from different vendors for different prices. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, apropos of this, there's a thread in this very forum, from today, of noopysche asking a user to solder something on a brand new light, and then telling them that they won't cross-ship, so the user needs to send in his brand new light, and wait a month+ before having running lights. A month+ without lights is completely unworkable in this hobby.

jrill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can post links if you want. I mean, I can show you links on Amazon of the same product selling from different vendors for different prices. So I don't know what you're talking about.

Also, apropos of this, there's a thread in this very forum, from today, of noopysche asking a user to solder something on a brand new light, and then telling them that they won't cross-ship, so the user needs to send in his brand new light, and wait a month+ before having running lights. A month+ without lights is completely unworkable in this hobby.

What I'm talking about is the stuff I shop for on Amazon is generally, but not always, cheaper.
I know about the other thread. Another reason to shop Amazon

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I'm talking about is the stuff I shop for on Amazon is generally, but not always, cheaper.
I know about the other thread. Another reason to shop Amazon
This is not evidence of the claim "Amazon would never accept that the same article can be purchased for less directly." - which is what the post you quoted was responding to.

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not evidence of the claim "Amazon would never accept that the same article can be purchased for less directly." - which is what the post you quoted was responding to.
I made that claim and stand corrected. You are of course correct. There are tons of 3rd party vendors on Amazon and they are my big problem with the site. It is not even always evident that it is a 3rd party seller if they are using Amazon delivery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There are also a series of deductions such as platform monthly rent. If we set up an Amazon warehouse, also cause FBA storage fees.
Amazon will have a steady stream of page views and clicks, but they all need paid promotion. With this money, it is not as good as giving feedback to users, such as doing some discounts, giveaways, etc. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon is my go to source for most everything, but you should still do price checks. For example, I purchased a small water softener made for espresso machines for my RO-DI to see if it will make a difference. The price on Amazon is $100 more than at a Coffee Specialty Shop. Amazon is great, sometimes I change my mind on items and they give me a refund and tell me to keep the product or donate it, like the best one was I used to buy bottled water at $20 per case at 10 cases per month. Well now I make my own alkaline water and wanted to return the never opened cases and cancel the monthly sub for them, They gave me a full refund on the 10 cases and was told to keep the water. You can't beat Amazon on their return policy and included video service.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back