Why the HUGE resistance by Waterbox to update their sumps/plumbing to accommodate the fleece roller...?!

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you as a manufacturer mod a sump to use a direct competitors product? Makes NO sense.

Also there are several roller manufacturers besides red sea... Many of them do just fine, cheaper and without the marketing hype. I lol at the red sea roller users, they got yall hook, line and sinker, for a product outside of phone connectivity, does the same as every other roller for 1/2 the price and without the large as hell footprint.
I was waiting to see you in here :grinning-face-with-sweat: did RedSea do something to you in the past? Every thread I see that involves filter rollers you come to fight redsea - I really enjoy my unit and think the quality of the build is excellent, regardless of price of rolls etc.. so I am genuinely kind of curious what the vendetta is

Last edited:

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was waiting to see you in here :grinning-face-with-sweat: did RedSea do something to you in the past? Every thread I see that involves filter rollers you come to fight redsea - I really enjoy my unit and think the quality of the build is excellent, regardless or price of rolls etc.. so I am genuinely kind of curious what the vendetta is
Lol, none what so ever frankly. As everyone jumps on their wagon when it comes to rollers, I'm around to remind those that other products do exist and that it's not the be all, end all to the product market. It's like rollers didn't exist before red sea and it's the ONLY thing that exist now.

I feel the roller isn't innovative @ all... Yes I did play with the smaller reefmat 500 for 60 days via my local LFS as a demo model. I just wasn't impressed with it for the price charged, better options out there imho

We are all entitled to our opinions... Good or bad. I just choose to be against the grain based on my experience.

collins.jason.k

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seriously don't get it...

Talk about not listening to your customer/prospective customers...

People have been asking Waterbox for quite awhile now to update their dated sump/plumbing design to accommodate a fleece roller.

However, after the repeated requests, Waterbox just continues to refuse.

They just continue to dismiss it, and act annoyed when asked about it - they even started to get snarky about it on their YouTube channel when asked again a few weeks ago.

The #1, and best, fleece roller out there for the last year now is the Red Sea RollerMat.

Why not give the people what they want?

Do they have any idea how much money they are losing because the continue to not listen to their consumers?

It's 2023 - if Red Sea can update their sumps - so can Waterbox!

People have been asking Waterbox for quite awhile now to update their dated sump/plumbing design to accommodate a fleece roller.

They just continue to dismiss it, and act annoyed when asked about it - they even started to get snarky about it on their YouTube channel when asked again a few weeks ago.

The #1, and best, fleece roller out there for the last year now is the Red Sea RollerMat.

Do they have any idea how much money they are losing because the continue to not listen to their consumers?

Waterbox just announced live they are designing their new somes with removable filter socks section and a baffle that will now accommodate rollers. People asked and they listened.

Go Waterbox!!

Ryebreadiest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Called it, new Frag and Reef model lineups with the Infinia tag since they have the aluminum frame infinia stand. Sadly only starting in 4 foot length (miss the 36” frag” although the revamped marine line is there). Removable filter sock section as well for rollers!

While the new Red Sea G2 line is great, the waterbox lineups now all having aluminum framing in the stands makes them really stand out.

Last edited:

UtahReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Check out their site... They just updated their sumps with the new Infinia line including the Frag Series. Sock chamber is now larger (7" socks) and is removable so a fleece roller will fit in.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know the reef roller they mentioned is from Europe.. do they sell it here? Reef Factory Smart Roller

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know the roller mat they mention is forsale in US? who is selling those.. the Reef Factory Smart roller mat. they are from UK?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back