seraching wich is the best skimmer that fits on it
someone knows if an icecap k1-50 fits?
i know
tunze 9004
red devil 150
dc nuvo skim
im ghost skim
icecap k1 nano

fits , but i want to put a higher capacity as possible.

also see a magtool and ioaoi nano skimmers that have same design and fits , but no reviews in the web.

any help on this_

icecap k1 50.jpg red devil 150.jpg
ioaoi skimmer.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PrinceOberin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop the IM skimmer from your list - you are not going to be happy with it. I'd stick with the Tunze 9004. Make sure you double-check the measurements as the 4.3" length is actually 4.3" width to accommodate the magnet.
tunze 9004 will fit, i just want a higher capacity one

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the same tank amd the absolute best (according to customer reviews) is the Mode aquariums PLS-50 elite 2. The downside is their customer service and actually placing an order though. Apprently it’s tough. Currently trying to get one. fits in 2nd chamber too. What is the skimmer in the last picture you posted?

OP
OP
P

PrinceOberin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve got the same tank amd the absolute best (according to customer reviews) is the Mode aquariums PLS-50 elite 2. The downside is their customer service and actually placing an order though. Apprently it’s tough. Currently trying to get one. fits in 2nd chamber too. What is the skimmer in the last picture you posted?
IOAOI skimmer or the magtool skimmer, same design diferent brand

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IOAOI skimmer or the magtool skimmer, same design diferent brand
The IOAOI Skimmer is pretty nice if you don't mind the 6" that stands out above the tank. I've got it in the 1st section. Impressed with it so far, and it's very quiet...also, I've removed the screw plate air intake on the collection lid...works fine.

legalizedreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IOAOI Skimmer is pretty nice if you don't mind the 6" that stands out above the tank. I've got it in the 1st section. Impressed with it so far, and it's very quiet...also, I've removed the screw plate air intake on the collection lid...works fine.
Would it fit In the second chamber? I’m thinking about switching to that one cause my Tunze 9004 is a micro bubble hell

Blue Cheese

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im get and old version of im nuvo fusion 40 tank
seraching wich is the best skimmer that fits on it
someone knows if an icecap k1-50 fits?
i know
tunze 9004
red devil 150
dc nuvo skim
im ghost skim
icecap k1 nano

fits , but i want to put a higher capacity as possible.

also see a magtool and ioaoi nano skimmers that have same design and fits , but no reviews in the web.

any help on this_

icecap k1 50.jpg red devil 150.jpg
ioaoi skimmer.jpg
Icecap k1 pump lasted less than 30 days for me

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ice Cap k1-50 or K2-50

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updating comments on these skimmers. The IOAOI Skimmer and MagTool Skimmer, while they look identical, there are subtle differences. Since my last post, I started having turbulence issues with the IOAOI Skimmer, had to keep adjusting, overflowing...also resulting in noise issues. I had also purchased the MagTool Skimmer as well based on better reviews. MagTool...one adjustment, better foam, completely silent. I did notice that the Magtool pump is 5w and the IOAOI is 4w. I'm not an engineer, but whatever it is, there is a difference.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just picked up the Mag Tool skimmer and I love this little skimmer. Nice and quiet and easy to adjust. Thanks for posting info on this skimmer, it went completely under the radar for me.

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it fit In the second chamber? I’m thinking about switching to that one cause my Tunze 9004 is a micro bubble hell
i have it in the second chamber. you have to ditch the mount though and do a DIY skimmer stand. skimmer has been functioning great for me for roughly 1 month.

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys still like the mag tool skimmer? Can’t get a hold of Mode Aquariums for the BLS-50 II. So it looks like magtool is the way to go since it will fit in chamber 2 of a Nuvo 40.

MIke Wood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys still like the mag tool skimmer? Can’t get a hold of Mode Aquariums for the BLS-50 II. So it looks like magtool is the way to go since it will fit in chamber 2 of a Nuvo 40.
I still like mine. Super easy to clean. And it's near silent. Doesn't fit in the second chamber with the hanging bracket so you'll probably have to do a diy skimmer platform. You can used roughly 5 3inch frag plates stacked up.

RobbieMaynard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still like mine. Super easy to clean. And it's near silent. Doesn't fit in the second chamber with the hanging bracket so you'll probably have to do a diy skimmer platform. You can used roughly 5 3inch frag plates stacked up.
Hey Mike - Thanks a lot. I guess I can go with some egg crate the stack up. Really appreciate it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back