Wife doesn’t like the “Llama”

Drew Halliday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally thought I got the rock work done and the wife says I have to redo it because it looks like a Llama. Last time it was a monster. Ya it does look like a llama, and last time it looked like a monster but I really like it now. What do you think? Do I decapitate the llama or tell her she will learn to like it and won’t see it when it is camouflaged with coral? Keep in mind it is in our sitting room and I need to keep her happy to keep buying stuff.

6CCCF516-7B97-4BB9-B125-23AE37E8DDF8.jpeg 2E0BCF68-A54D-4DFE-8DB6-413F8CA5679C.jpeg 25C5C6D2-F6C8-4CF2-8BF6-4ED7F7877720.jpeg

ZipAdeeZoa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would decaptitate the Llama mainly because it looks like its really close to the surface which won't leave you with much room for coral growth in the long run. If you really like the Llama head look hopefully in a few years it will comeback but as a nice coral colony :)

OP
OP
Drew Halliday

Drew Halliday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of getting her to help with it. She is not one to get her hands wet usually so this might be a good time to change that. She may realize that that rock has a nice home there, that it was meant to be there or maybe that she doesn’t really care. Worst case scenario we find something better. It is a little close to the surface.

But if we end up keeping the llama the important question is what do we name him/her? What do you think it looks like?

B6F23F26-ED52-4D22-B61C-F8FF44176A35.jpeg

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of getting her to help with it. She is not one to get her hands wet usually so this might be a good time to change that. She may realize that that rock has a nice home there, that it was meant to be there or maybe that she doesn’t really care. Worst case scenario we find something better. It is a little close to the surface.

But if we end up keeping the llama the important question is what do we name him/her? What do you think it looks like?

B6F23F26-ED52-4D22-B61C-F8FF44176A35.jpeg
For some reason the first name to come to mind was Phil? LOL but I think he deserves an aquatic name for being able to hold his breathe for so long

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You both must have one heck of an imagination cause I don't see a llama or any other animal.
Are we playing a version of where's waldo but instead it is a small llama in the tank lol.

Jenuvio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The aquascape looks great. If I were you I would place that white ledge looking rock on it's own to create a gap dead center. The fish would love that. :D Other than that it seems like your wife has a really nice imagination and will create new animals with any scape you make LoL!!

OP
OP
Drew Halliday

Drew Halliday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The aquascape looks great. If I were you I would place that white ledge looking rock on it's own to create a gap dead center. The fish would love that. :D Other than that it seems like your wife has a really nice imagination and will create new animals with any scape you make LoL!!

Are you saying move the arch on the left further right? Or turn the cantilevered rock to point straight out?

Last edited:

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not much of an artist but from what I know about art, (and I have to be delicate here on our family friendly site) is that rock is clearly a symbol. Freud would likely name it a "Cigar."

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The llama side doesn't bother me. The only thing I would change is that ledge rock in the center with the completely straight bottom. My eye immediately goes straight to it because it seems out of place.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 13.3%
Back