Wild caught clownfish with white stringy poop

brucelee90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I bought a pair of wild-caught clownfish from my LFS a week ago with the following issues:

1. Not eating for 7 days. Offered a variety of frozen/pellet food with garlic extract / Selcon and didn't show any interest... They were eating at the LFS.
2. After dosing Prazipro for 24 hours, one of the clownfish started to have white stringy poop.
3. Fish appear to be lethargic, struggling to swim (Video: )
4. Did a freshwater dip and everything looked good.

Red flag at the LFS: there was a couple of dead clownfish in their tank when I purchased them at my LFS. When they were caught by the store owner, one of the fish appeared to be paralyzed for 5 minutes. The store owner told me they were new arrivals (transshipment). In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have purchased them considering their dead tank mates.

The fish are currently in my QT for further observation. I'd really appreciate any feedback on the treatment. Thank you!

OP
OP
B

brucelee90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My initial thought was that they have an internal parasite and went ahead dosing Prazipro. The biggest problem is that they refuse to eat anything...

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rods foods. I had a chinese wrasse never came out to eat and starved for 2 weeks. Ordered rods foods and ate it like crazy. Fish can’t seem to resist eating that stuff, get it now!

OP
OP
B

brucelee90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get rods foods. I had a chinese wrasse never came out to eat and starved for 2 weeks. Ordered rods foods and ate it like crazy. Fish can’t seem to resist eating that stuff, get it now!
I just tried it today and they just ignored it. it's driving me crazy...

reefz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried it today and they just ignored it. it's driving me crazy...
You gave rods food? And they didnt eat it? Impossible. If they wont eat that then I dont know what will. Just make sure you dont a nutrient spike, ammonia nitrite etc. Maybe even return them if all hope is lost.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back